1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Red Cent

Discussion in 'Diesel Conversion Forum' started by F350camper, Jun 16, 2014.

1. F350camper

F350camper BOOST!

I guess we will never know for sure. But its certainly possible. Especially if the gap between the head and the block was much worse in low temps.

Well, I think the next thing to do is pluck the block out of the engine bay. I'd want to do that no matter which path I choose.

But I'm thinking, maybe I look at the crank, and if it looks like I could get away with just new shells, maybe I source another block and try to build her back up. Looks like heads are easy to find. This truck is just a fun daily, so it doesn't have to be absolutely dead nuts bullet proof. So with my rotating mass, maybe I can patch something decent together for a cost I can live with and get a few more years out of it.

2. no mufflers

no mufflers Supporting Member Supporting Member

in all seriousness couldn't a machine shop resurface that if it were welded properly?

3. F350camper

F350camper BOOST!

Probably, but at this point I really dont think I want to throw any money at this particular block.
    upon further examination, looks like all 4 holes have been sleeved, and the sleeve in #2 is standing about 2 razor blades proud. the others are flat. so I really dont know what I have here...