Project Red Cent

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
got all the wires pulled into the right places. Nothing is connect yet with the exception of the ground.

Got the switch mounted on the column. Seems like it will be easy to use. (and yes putting sound deadening in your steering column covers makes a big difference. )

You must be registered for see images attach

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
well, last picture on this. I got everything wired up, and got the dip switches set in the CC unit. It works like a charm. I did some testing today.
Turn it on and hit set, and its good to go. Tap the clutch or the brake, and it cancels. Resume and accel works, so does coast and set.

So I cant speak to how long this will last, but it seems like a good made in USA no vacuum CC option so far.;Sweet

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Today I started replacing some worn out weatherstripping / seals.

first up was the cowl seal. the side by side comparison is funny. That pops on in less than 5 minutes.

Then I had enough time to replace the passenger side window seals. (the window channel felts and the inner and outer window scrapers) I'll do the drivers side later this week. I couldn't do a side by side of the old vs new cuz the old stuff came out in crispy crumbling chunks. But its all fresh now.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rob where did you get the window seal? I have needed some for a while now. I see Rock auto sells them, just not sure of the quality.

I got a quote from Ford to get them but it was over $400.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I bought this stuff from rock auto:

One of these Fairchild KF2020
Two of these Fairchild F1008
And one of these LISLE 35150

Quality seems good. But I couldn't really compare it to oem since my stuff was fried.

The cowl seal came from lmc.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Well she-ought.

This is happening. Here are two pics of the same side ( passenger ), one closeup and one farther away. Same thing is happening on the driver side. This is the rocker of the cab, right underneath the extended cab window.

I wont be able to get to this till early fall more than likely. I plan to cut it out and fix it right.
Question is, do I just leave it alone till then as to not waste time and money. Or should I take steps to mitigate it now until I can get to it?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks Rob.

If it's not an inspection issue, I'd wait. Not much to be gained or lost in a few months.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
The good news is, its fully accessible from inside and outside the cab. And, if I end up needing to cut a lot out lmc sells the repair panels.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would wait till you have the weather and time on your side.
altho not a fun job, its pretty easy.
if you try to coat it now, that's more work when you go to strip it in the future.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring it up one weekend. Shouldn't take too long to put rockers in. Probably could give it a quick paint job over a long weekend if you had the body work done. Considerably less ground to cover on the ranger than on my truck.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Bring it up one weekend. Shouldn't take too long to put rockers in. Probably could give it a quick paint job over a long weekend if you had the body work done. Considerably less ground to cover on the ranger than on my truck.

It needs way too much body work for a full paint job anytime soon, but OTOH I do plan to raptor-line the bed one day, and also the rockers. So I could see myself trading you a 12 pack for some help/guidance on doing the rockers and shooting the liner some day. we shall see.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I know it's a turbo oil drain tube but what are you doing with it?

Well, I'm gonna drain the oil from my turbo with it. LOL
Actually, to retain my A/C during the build I had to move my turbo from the stock location to a high and forward position.
Cummins used a ridged oil drain for these with small length of hose on the end. So ended up cutting it and splicing it back together with a second length of hose. It's kinda hacked together and weeps a bit of oil. This outta clean things up and simplify things, even if I still have to run a small piece of hose on the end like the stock setup.

I lifted the idea from Mike's build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online