Project Red Cent

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Yeah, my veggie system has been working great. But I had it setup to use the common stock fuel filter.
That actually worked pretty well, I just decided I would change the filter every 2500 miles vs the extra complexity of being able to switch around a push through filter.

Well you know what happened when I clogged it at 2000 miles the other day with what I believe was a substandard processed /filtered batch.

So I decided to bite the bullet and add a dedicated veggie filter. For on road get me home redundancy more than anything. Going as big as I can fit, and the dedicated #2 filter is the same size for part stock simplicity.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be a good candidate for a heat tape. Lots of surface area there. Are you filtering your oil or centrifuging it? I've been meaning to read up on how the oil fuges work. I've used lots of centrifuges but never continuous flow.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
My "processor" is primarily a settling system, and a 2 micron final filter when delivered to the truck tank.

On the bad batch, let's just say I rushed things a bit LOL.

Normally, the oil sits in the cubes undisturbed for 2 weeks. Then I set a cube into the yellow funnel on the left blue barrel, and cut a hole in it maybe a half inch from the bottom. This keeps the "ewwww" in the cube, and the better oil drains into the barrel.

From there I pump the bucket on the far left full, and it slowly trickles and flows clean settled oil off the top of each bucket into one of my two finishing barrels.

Then it gets pumped into the truck going through a 2 micron filter on the way.

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 56

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Got these bad boys mounted this weekend. Now I have a huge dedicated diesel filter, and a huge dedicated waste oil filter. I drew out all the components so I can come to this post a year from now and figure out what I did. LOL

Really happy with how everything came out.

Attachments

• fuelsystem.png
    fuelsystem.png
    23 KB · Views: 63

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Looks good, how fast is the purge time?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Not horrible, about a minute and a half for each one. They hold a little less than 1/2 a gallon each. Beats pumping the prime lever :D

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
a baffle in the muffler rattled loose... Grrrrr :mad:
I'm tempted to straight pipe it, but I'm worried I wont like the extra noise for more than a week.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Just turn the radio up. [emoji6]

I suppose I could straight pipe it and just see how it is. But nothing irritates me more than doing a job twice. It was a brand new muffler for a first gen dodge cummins, I have maybe 12k on it. Now it sounds like a coffee can full of tin snipped sheet metal. So if I straight pipe it, and dont like it, then I'll be looking at doing this job 3 times! LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. What size? Can always pick up a flow master or something.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I'm 3 inch from the turbo back. and I hear ya, I have a flow master in my shopping cart right now. Cant decide.
what are your plans for big red?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.