Project Jerry

srmathers

Reaction score
Does the DynoMat hold up on the engine side? OR consider Thermo Tec? I am trying to decide as well!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hate to break it to ya, but after cleaning it and seeing all that rust you should just cut yer losses and send it my way. LOL:rotflmao

Yeah we need to stop here and try and find a cleaner truck!

We’ve got the dynomat “fat mat” stuff for inside the cab and some thinner heat resistant insulation for in the engine bay. Now that I think of it I don’t think that stuff is a dynomat product

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah we need to stop here and try and find a cleaner truck!

We’ve got the dynomat “fat mat” stuff for inside the cab and some thinner heat resistant insulation for in the engine bay. Now that I think of it I don’t think that stuff is a dynomat product

You can buy dynomat brand insulation for $50 a roll, or go to Home Depot and buy duct insulation for $18 a roll. And it’s damn near the same stuff. Used it on my yj when I put new carpet in er. Just FYI ;Sweet

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve used the hardware store stuff before but with this build we’re not sparing the expense, this is gonna be a forever truck. Here’s what we got for inside the cab,
You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update, burgers are on.

Core support and inner fenders pulled

Anyone want a clean bricknose core support?

Got all six body mounts in

Seats and carpet out

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brought the truck back into the shop after a final pressure washing. Interior pieces stripped out, and “premium speakers” removed. Degreased everything so it’s ready for dynomat to go in after food.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need it? Come get it, local pickup only. Been there done that with shipping these things

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Brought the truck back into the shop after a final pressure washing. Interior pieces stripped out, and “premium speakers” removed. Degreased everything so it’s ready for dynomat to go in after food.

Wow man. U have been busy! I just got home!

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
I do believe it will boss! I like bailing hay while the sun shines but too excited to sleep so I believe some midnight oil will be burned tonight doing some prep work of my own. After personally seeing the truck and everything I'm really loving the work you do. Pics are great but seeing in person brings it to life! And hearing the yellow truck... I'm really impressed. Awesome work boss!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that pic of the roof without the headliner. It gives me an idea what I'm looking for when I build my overhead console.

Are you planning on dynomatting the roof too or was that just part of the clean/prep stage?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that pic of the roof without the headliner. It gives me an idea what I'm looking for when I build my overhead console.

Are you planning on dynomatting the roof too or was that just part of the clean/prep stage?
It’s gonna get a layer of dynomat up there as well, it’s got some insulation there from the factory same stuff as what’s behind the door panels