Project Ethel

DougsOBS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so the parts buying has begun, plan right now is to pull the drive train the first weekend in September. The truck needs to be done for a trip the first weekend of October, so meticulous planning is a must.

My spare engine had under 40k miles on it and looks amazing inside so right now the plan is to have those heads checked and ready to go.

Ive also tracked down a late OBS powerstroke e4od to use as my trans rebuild. My trans guy quoted me 1400 to "bullet proof" it so we shall see. I had wanted to build it myself but time is short.

Ive decided to use Justin at R&D idi's hotside and cam. Ill make my own intake and intercooler piping. So things are happening, but still a lot of planning to go.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds ambitious indeed. Best of luck (talent)! :)

DougsOBS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on what the threads are on the fuel line return on the injection pump?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but seriously, that's the thread. 1/2" NMPT... not NPT

DougsOBS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, Im still driving my truck daily for work and seeing things I want to change/upgrade.

Im pretty sure I want to go hydroboost while the engine is out, so Ill add that to the ever growing list haha.

My R&D Stg 1 injectors showed up along with the return rails. So far the quality looks really good but I can see the rails will need some protection from the elements IMO. Im gonna go ahead and powder coat them.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to hear how you like those injectors. I was thinking of getting those and a pump to liven up my truck.

Are you planning on running a wastegate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougsOBS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not planning on it. Right now the hotside will be R&D stuff with a s362/.81 Im actually worried I dont have enough fuel.

DougsOBS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the rails, Ive got a ton of extra AN stuff from various projects.

DougsOBS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the drivetrain is coming out this weekend and Ive got a ton of parts coming from everywhere.

I have decided on a doing a cam and intercooler on top of everything else.

The budget is getting stretched but who needs to eat anyway?