Preliminary Test pictures of LED Instrument Cluster

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
It seems to have some real promise, looks really sweet. Here are some test pictures i took. I have this rigged up right now on my E series cluster so i didn't have to tear out my F series just to do tests. The LEDs aren't fastened in on this one or anything they are just kinda laying in there, once they are it should look even better with more even light distribution.

I have devised a system to lock the LEDs in place though for the F series cluster and have figured out a thermal solution to keep temps down. Heat sinks and fans and thermal paste and such. Anyways, here are the pics..

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
Pic6

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really really awesome!! Even light distribution?? :confused: Looked pretty darn great to me!! ;Sweet
Now I'm gonna ask an ignorant question....Heat? I thought that is what was so great about LED's - that their was very little heat? Didn't realize the opposite? Or am I thinking that they use less volts but with more heat? Just curious.
Looking real good!!

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
That looks really really awesome!! Even light distribution?? :confused: Looked pretty darn great to me!! ;Sweet
Now I'm gonna ask an ignorant question....Heat? I thought that is what was so great about LED's - that their was very little heat? Didn't realize the opposite? Or am I thinking that they use less volts but with more heat? Just curious.
Looking real good!!

Well if these were standard LEDs heat wouldn't be a problem, but these are extremely high output LEDs and because of that have a bit of heat generated. If the heatsinks and fans work the way they're supposed to it shouldn't be a problem though.

With this controller they will still be fully dimmable through my original dimmer for the instrument cluster.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I'm gonna ask an ignorant question....Heat? I thought that is what was so great about LED's - that their was very little heat? Didn't realize the opposite?

That was my question.:dunno

That cooling fan should really get the smoke a rolling when something in there does catch a-fire.
LOL

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Okay, so here's the F series lit up. I have the LEDs all installed in the cluster, now just have to go wire up the van, :eek:, I can't wait. I don't even remember how i got to the headlight switch last time. I tried to pull it out some and it hardly moves an inch.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Rawpower

'Froading Freak
Reaction score
Looks bad ass....;Sweet

I'm expecting a complete write up, including parts numbers:D

(unless you are trying to sell them as a kit later on)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online