Pre IDI diesels?

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this interesting, picked up some Ford shop advice bulletins from the 60s at an estate sale, some engine specs for Ford offered diesel engines in light trucks, also a Cummins engine that was offered in large trucks.

You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those! I knew they had some special order diesel options, but I dont think I've ever actually seen the above documentation. Rare birds nonetheless. It is amazing to see what the HP/TQ ratings were for the different engine choices. Things have come a long way!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Interesting information about the engines of yesteryear. Good find at the estate sale too. Bet nobody knew what or why you purchased this information too...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No wonder no one ever bought one, a 390 v8 with near 400 ft/lb of torque.... Or the lazy 4 banger with 150 hahaha I know what I would have done if I was checking the boxes back in 1968

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that pic of the Ford delivery Van. Looks almost like the VW "Flower Girls" of the 60's.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or a little like a IH metro van? buddy in hs had a 68 cab over van, beat the heck out of it, off road did pretty well!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they offered 4 banger diesels in south america for that era. I know dodge offered a mitsubishi inline six in the late 70s (non turbo).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726