Pre Bent Brake Line?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guessing pre-bent brake lines are not available for these old trucks? ;Really
I checked LMC Trucks and only saw the caliper brake hose.

I need the short hard line on the front drivers side that comes-off the soft hose bracket, into the 3-way junction block.
Maybe 12" long but four or so sharp bends in it.

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
I looked on classictube for you and I am only seeing the full kits, but at least they are showing that.

You could email them and see if you can get just a specific section.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go buy the universal line at the car parts store. They are already pre-flared, and they have the bending tools also if you prefer to buy it there. I have done my whole brake system front to rear with these type lines. The earlier ones that looked silver didn't last too long, so I ended up smearing them with grease after I installed them. The new lines they sell now have a green coating to them. I am waiting to see how that compares to the old silver coating they used to have.

If your priority is to have lines that look factory, then keep looking. If your priority is to get it on the road again, just buy these lines and bend them to work. They usually end up being a little bit longer, but this can be helpful, you can make some of the bends by hand if you make the radius bigger, which requires more line. I did have to do a little zig zag in the line going across the rear of the front crossmember going over to the pass side.

The only lines you should need a flaring tool for are the connections right at the master cylinder.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all stainless lines from InLine tube on my truck. I was tired of replacing a line every year so I went the stainless route.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course the line I need is just over 13" long with some oddball bends.
Preflared doesn't come in 13"...arrrrgh!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course the line I need is just over 13" long with some oddball bends.
Preflared doesn't come in 13"...arrrrgh!

They make a 12 inch universal line and a 20 inch line. If you can't cut a corner or two to make the 12 inch line work, then put a coil in it to make the 20 inch line work. It's easier than you think to use up 7 inches of line. The brake system doesn't care how long the line is.

I will warn you, cutting and double flaring these lines is not easy and may take a couple of tries to get it right. And it never does look like the factory flare when you are done, but seems to work ok for me.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the coiled wire covered line, and you can usually bend it carefully using various sockets as an inside radius guide. Deep socket in a vice, and carefully work line around the socket, however it must have coiled spring/wire on it or line will collapse.

I've done this plenty and works well for me, as a matter of fact I used some large tubing 2" and coiled it at the MC and you can barely tell it's NOT prebent line.

20" line should be easy to work, and I think that about 1.5" diameter loop may be a bit small but you would eat up near 7.5" of tube...

Just be careful is my best advice LOL and good luck

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make a 12 inch universal line and a 20 inch line. If you can't cut a corner or two to make the 12 inch line work, then put a coil in it to make the 20 inch line work. It's easier than you think to use up 7 inches of line. The brake system doesn't care how long the line is.

I will warn you, cutting and double flaring these lines is not easy and may take a couple of tries to get it right. And it never does look like the factory flare when you are done, but seems to work ok for me.
Well, working through the fender-well was a PITA but I with care and several little testing-bends and tweaks I was able to use a 12" piece with the ends already in place > Auto Zone $5.00

Thanks for the feedback fellas! ;Sweet

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tbrumm,
I am just ordering complete stainless parts for mine - can you confirm what part number you ordered for this? I would think the '93 kit would be the same as '94 but they show different numbers. Mine is a '94 - I want to make sure I don't get something for a late '94 powerjoke... I often use the '93 part numbers to avoid getting wrong stuff. I am going to get the stainless flex lines FT1005, just need confirmation on the part number for the hard line kit.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've called inline tube for a couple of days now, all I get is a busy signal on there main line and tech support. Are they still in business? Maybe I'll call my Brother, he lives in Shelby Twp. They still have there Web Site up.

Phone numbers I have are: Main 800-385-9452 Tech 586-532-1338

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well finely got the number for Inlinetubing. I'ts 586-566-1327. Said to hell with them and ordered a full set for my 99 F350 $357 stainless, shipped from Classic Tubing. Damn, these trucks are getting expensive.