power steering pulley

93banksidi

Reaction score
My power steering pulley is bent, 93 7.3 with a serpentine belt. ive been searching around, dorman makes the v-belt pulley, and one for the powerstroke but i cant seem to find a replacement for my 93. called all the local parts stores, local ford, and ive been searching online with no luck. i tried using live chat with u-haul truck parts and they havent answered me-cuss. has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that pulley is also used on other Ford's!

Construction : Steel
O.D. : 5-25/32"
Width : 1-11/32"
Belt Type : Serpentine
I.D. : .685"
Brand : Dorman - OE Solutions

Those are the specs see if yours is the same! If it is part number is 300-002

Direct Cross
OE#: D9AZ 3A733A
OE Manufacturer: FORD MOTOR COMPANY
OE#: E57Y 3A733-A
OE#: YF1Z 3A733-AA

If your pulley has any of those numbers it is then part number 300-003

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

Direct Cross
OE#: D9AZ 3A733A
OE#: E57Y 3A733-A
OE#: YF1Z 3A733-AA

If your pulley has any of those numbers it is then part number 300-003

Those OE numbers are what i found on fordparts.com
They are ~$55.00

93banksidi

Reaction score

ya ive been talking to my mechanic about possibly putting that one on.. im going to see if he can measure it for me tomorrow. hopefully that one will work

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Pick a Part on Milliken ave in Ontairo Ca. They have a great selection of trucks and cars. I usually can find a diesel ford there anytime.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't to do anything with the power stearing pully, but I did have to go through the same process for the pully on my vac pump. Had to get it from Ford dealership. The heck of it was that apparently on my truck, they used some parts that had been left on the back of a shelf somewhere. After recieving the third vac pump that didn't fit, I finally just drilled the correct holes in the flange and bolted it on. Thanfully the only problem with that pump was the holes were tapped instead of clearance drilled. I recieved one with a shaft that was way too small in diameter, and one with a shaft that was the correct diameter, but way too short. It only pressed on about 1/8" before the pully started to contact the vac pump.

My point in all of this is take a good look at what ever part you get to make sure it is going to work. I'd grab the tools you need to pull it off and a set of dial calipers, and head to a Pick and Pull.

Mark

93banksidi

Reaction score
ok, my pulley is a 6 groove and the OD is 5-7/8.. dorman doesn't have the outer diameter of the pulley's listed anywhere unfortunately and again most stores dont have all in stock. most likely im going to end up at the local pick a part later today

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You have a pick a parts in your town too.... I was there on summer day when it was well over 100 degrees out.:eek: Wont ever do that again....

93banksidi

Reaction score
i already trashed two serpentine belts and i need to get my truck from one shop and to my friends warehouse so we can get the trans out and rebuilt. gotta do what ya gotta do. going to the one out here first, then ontario and last resort riverside

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all ford trucks in our years used the same power steering pump. vans used a different pump. get a pulley from a truck. they are all the same once you get to serpentine.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all ford trucks in our years used the same power steering pump. vans used a different pump. get a pulley from a truck. they are all the same once you get to serpentine.

On the power steering pump, it may be all the same. But on the Vac pump, and the belt tensioner there was some variation in the last few years. I've learned that the hard way, and I'm still learning it. Apparently for part of 93 through the end of production in 94 the used a tensioner with an enclosed spring design, the cost of which is twice that of the older design, and they are not interchangeable. Mine broke on me this morning, and I have the enclosed design. Guess which version nobody keeps on their shelf..... :mad:

If your tensioner hasn't broken yet, take a 3/8 ratchet, short extension, T50 Torx bit, and a 13mm socket with you to the P&P and grab you a tensioner assembly while you are at it. Mine is coming from Rock Auto for a total of $76. To buy one locally the costs range from $96 to $120 plus tax, and 80% of the time they will still have to order it.

Oh, and take a good magnet with you so that when you drop your tools into the fan shroud you can pull them back out again easily. I used a flashlight and small mirror to see what kind of bolt my tensioner assembly was held on with. Apparently some use a T50, and some use a 13mm. Some probably use an Imperial size as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online