power steering box leak

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
The top cap of the steering box seem to be leaking pretty badly. It just started on the way to the rally. Can that cap be pulled off and put back on fairly easily so I can replace the O ring or does it require some special caution? I need to fix it before Darrins get together. Thanks for any info.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Where is it coming from, oh leader of the minions? The nut or the outside edge? Outside edge is just an oring. From under the nut is actual seals that go around the sector shaft.

Last edited:

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
Good eye jasper. To say that I personally changed it would be incorrect. But it did get changed. Corey it is coming from around the edge of that cap. I can just take those two nuts off and lift it off without parts flying out?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good eye jasper. To say that I personally changed it would be incorrect. But it did get changed. Corey it is coming from around the edge of that cap. I can just take those two nuts off and lift it off without parts flying out?
replace the cap. if the fluid is coming from the center of the cap at the burp hole, you have other internal problems.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Testing testing, edit: looks like I just got a comment up update! LOL

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i thought about rebuilding mine...but kicking around going to the yard this weekend and seeing if i can find an F350 4x4 steering box...