"power plus"

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son just bought a 93 idi. Breather says "power plus" also emblem on fenders. Never heard of this. Anybody have any info?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the intake filter assembly differenct then stock? Some pictures would be great.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like the truck might have a Banks intake system filter setup on it...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
BBK carries a Power Plus line of filters and cold air kits, but not specifically for our trucks.

Prolly a custom fabbed setup.

Yes we need pics.;Sweet

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At a glance [ in the dark ] looks like my stock 89. Didn't know if intake or heads are different. May be Ford/IHC thing. DK

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I cant imagine that dish being good for airflow, but the heater piping is sweet :sly

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it.Power Plus II. Does it have emblem on fender also? Do you know much about it?

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
from what i read it was similiar to the banks power pak...intake lid and exhaust. i bought the lid off a member on here since i couldnt find a banks powerpak lid. no idea on the emblem, but i assume it came with one when new. only bummer is, it doesnt use a taller air filter like the banks unit.

i cant say i noticed a big difference with the lid, but it adds some bling under the hood. with the exhaust, fresh injectors, fresh pump thats turned up and home made intake ducting it runs really well for being N/A.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His has emblems on the fenders like may be ford option. Sounds good with duals and glass-packs. I don't know h.p. on it. It's also n/a. Had just never seen one.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting cold air on mine.Been told it doesn't make much difference on n/a but put it on last one and think it can't hurt

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
all it seems to be good for is collecting water and feeding it into the intake:eek:

Well, that would be cheaper than a water injection setup. When you want water injected, just find a puddle. :rotflmao

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Looks like the banks power pack it comes with their exhaust and just bolts in place of the stock filter cap with bowl, nothing special about it except for the cool filter cap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online