power boost check valve grommet

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding the right grommet for my vacuum power booster check valve. My old one is rotted out and leaking.

Does anyone know how to find this specific part and who might have it in stock in a walk-in store?

Thanks!

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
if you mean the 'help aisle' part - the grommets do not match my part from what I can tell in the images. If it does, that'd be knowledge I appreciate.

Is the right part ford part # C9AZ2B176B?

Attachments

• c9az2b176b.jpg
    c9az2b176b.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
for the record, the help aisle vacuum check valve has a working grommet, though it's different from the OEM grommet in two ways.

The new grommet has a narrower inside flange so it's easier to insert but has a narrow collar in the throat that pushes against the check valve and provides greater grip while the check valve is installed. It looks significantly different in the pictures but worked in practice.

Turns out my check valve was bad as well, and the vacuum booster does not hold pressure.

I have a spare, and I'm going to test that to see if it works. I'm not getting a new one, as this whole system is temporary while I build out my project which is going to use hydroboost from an e450.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online