Potential petition to the board moderators?

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a thought, I was going to see what the others thought, and see if it's worth trying.

Most of the post on this particular section of the board pertains to WMO, then WVO, and lastly biodiesel.

Just doing a search of the last year, almost all the threads were about some type of waste petroleum based fluid, be it WMO *** etc. Two were generic threads that could apply to any waste fuel. So of all the threads started in the last year, 4 were not specifically about the collection, processing or use of WMO/***. One was specifically about Bio, and one was about veggie.

I feel the section would see more traffic and possibly new readership if the section were retitled to something that better fit the majority of the topics in this section?

To be honest the reason I choose this site in the beginning was because I erroneously believed the entire forum was about OIL burners, not oil burners as in fuel oil #2, better known as #2 diesel. I quickly learned that the overall forum is dedicated to oil burners in the sense of #2 fuel oil. Which is great, BUT the name of the entire site is what brought me here, and then this section is what kept me here.

What do you guys think about petitioning the board moderators about changing the name of the section that better reflects the majority of the topics here, but NOT excluding the rest?

Something along the lines of "Waste Motor Oil and other alternative fuels."? or "WMO/*** and other alternative fuels."?

Discussion please...

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not suggesting it's a problem, just an idea. Just posted my reasoning behind my idea so folks wouldn't think I just came outa nowhere. It's not like I'ma cry myself to sleep if it doesn't happen. lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I understand. Lol
So maybe just something like "Alternative Fuels" since that would technically cover it all?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P.S. of course I am only talking about this particular section of this site, not the whole thing for anyone who may misinterpret my post.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have absolutely nothing against bio, and if I could get regular veggie sources I would go that route over anything else. When I first came to this section, I honestly didn't expect a lot of it to be about what I was wanting to do. I was in that line of thinking due to the title being what it is, I assumed that the majority of discussion would be about Bio production and etc. Only after spending a couple months on here did I learn otherwise.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree on your point Josh.
Don't know how much "extra" work this would make for the mods...???
Another item we could add to this type of section, would be picture pages or pics/diagrams etc, kinda like the tech section in the IDI area.
Kinda funny what you said about thinking what the whole site was about, I thought the same before I spent some time reading.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I had a reply typed up last night. Apparently it didn't go through. :duh
I think there's not much bio talk, since it's more expensive. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a couple that live on one of my mails rts that make bio, they run a bunch of VW's. I have been meaning to stop by and see the operation first hand. I pulled in the driveway for a package one day and noticed they had four VWs. I started talking to the lady that lives there about the VWs and it came out they make bio for them. I was sitting in her driveway with my WMO car idling on WMO at the time lol. I was in a rush or would have stayed a bit to talk about it.

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Just something I noticed is that the diesel stop has the same title for their forum. They get similar traffic for WMO, maybe a little less.

I'm not trying to pull people from this site, because it's a very good resource, but I started a blog (see sig). I started it originally because I needed a place to post certain material in order to share it easier. It has gotten some ok traffic. What I'm getting at here, is that maybe some of you on here would be willing to help out to build the site and further the info on it by putting up posts for your your successes, mishaps, how-to's, builds, etc. I may have to change the scope of the site a little bit, but it would be worth it. I have already bought the domain and web hosting, it just needs a little help...josh, brad, acid, or some of you other guys who are on here lots.

I also wanted to point out that this is a money costing venture (ie. no money in, all money out...) just so you know that this is purely informational. Anyway, just another thought. I wanted it to be another good resource for everyone here. If you are interested, send me a message. Or, better yet, go to my site "contact me" form and email me!

Last edited: