What waste oil makes the best fuel

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get almost anything in good volume, whats the general consensus among you all that have been burning oil in ur rigs on which waste oil makes the best fuel. WMO, hydro oil, gear oil, atf, is one better than the other. I’ve heard additives are bad synthetic is bad wmo is bad cause of carbon etc etc etc but I also hear all of it being used as it all obviously burns well, buuuuut is one better than the others?????

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cleanest oil will be the easiest on your injection pump and injectors. Will the red dye in the automatic trans fluid be picked up if your tanks are dipped? I don't know about that.

As this becomes more and more popular, you never know it might be a side job of the 80,000 IRS workers just hired to start dipping tanks. I am surprised they don't purposely dye on road fuel. Then if they can't pick up the on road dye they know you are running some other non-taxed fuel like WMO.

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thin oil I also good to think about. Atf is thin, lots of detergents, low autoignition temps. Gasoline wmo is usually thinner then truck oil. Hydraulic is usually clean and thinnish also. My order is atf, turbine oils, hydraulic, gas wmo, diesel wmo, aircraft piston wmo, last manual transmission/gears oils(usually high viscosity)

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cleanest oil will be the easiest on your injection pump and injectors. Will the red dye in the automatic trans fluid be picked up if your tanks are dipped? I don't know about that.

As this becomes more and more popular, you never know it might be a side job of the 80,000 IRS workers just hired to start dipping tanks. I am surprised they don't purposely dye on road fuel. Then if they can't pick up the on road dye they know you are running some other non-taxed fuel like WMO.
He's in Australia.
Bring on the IRS!

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I have found hydraulic oil to be quite nice to run at a heavy mix. It's also the cleanest used oil I can get my hands on.

As for dye, it doesn't take much sooty engine oil to turn a whole tank-full black. However, I've never been dipped, and untaxed fuel here hasn't had dye in it anyway.

Lube oils are way more expensive than fuel - plus enviro fees... so imho, the taxes are more than paid already.

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys, dipping is no issue no one here has heard or tried this really, maybe a couple down south but none up here, so the non combustion cleaner oils are the go too then from what I’m reading. I got access to lots of different types, I initially asked to get mineral engine oil but that’s all guna be Diesel engine oil and it’s proper black. I won’t waste it I’ll burn it but I might jump on the harvester guys here n help them dispose of there hydro oil responsibly for the first time in there life

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s not just the red color of off road they look for. The off road dye is a specific chemical composition along with the red color. They may look for the color, but there’s a test to detect the chemical composition. I’ve also heard it’s dosed at a level that it takes a 20 times dilution to make it undetectable. Meaning, it would take 20+ gallons of undyed diesel to make 1 gallon of red diesel undetectable.

I don’t chance it, because they do dip tanks around here, and I can buy a lot of diesel for $10,000

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that’s so crap that they go too that level of policing over there. Are your firearms the only freedom you yanks still enjoy

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that’s so crap that they go too that level of policing over there. Are your firearms the only freedom you yanks still enjoy
Don't you guys down there pay taxes based on how many miles you drive each year? Or is that New Zealand thinking about that? They were toying with that idea here also. They have to do something if everyone starts driving electric cars and not using fuel anymore.

Patrol

Reaction score
Don't you guys down there pay taxes based on how many miles you drive each year? Or is that New Zealand thinking about that? They were toying with that idea here also. They have to do something if everyone starts driving electric cars and not using fuel anymore.
Definitely new Zealand, diesel was more expensive then petrol uptill a fue days ago and you gotta pay for ruc (road user charges) on top that at $76 per 1000 km. It's a joke, hence why if your in the know you run a switch for your odometer or rewind ya ks between wof(warrent of fitness inspections) inspection were they through your vehicle off the road for the smallest crap ever like a stone chip in your window! All in the name of "health and safty"
Very tempting to move state side

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The states has like 380million people that, I’m not looking forward to ******** stuff like that happening here but there already approving kitty litter trays for furries in schools so Ukraine is looking pretty good right now

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The states has like 380million people that, I’m not looking forward to ******** stuff like that happening here but there already approving kitty litter trays for furries in schools so Ukraine is looking pretty good right now
Antarctica! Sure you'll freeze to death, but at least you'll die free. I really want to say what's on my mind but I'll just agree with the apostle John, "even so, come Lord Jesus!" Revelation 22:20

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online