Possibly another IDI project truck to add to the fleet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well I know this truck has been setting for at least 10 years and the guy who has it told me to make him an offer.:D

Looks to be 77 F-250 4x4 rustbucket.(my speciality):D

Engine is either a 360 or a 390 FE motor that is in need of a water pump.

The right rear wheel I'm told is seized and is in some serious need of fresh sheet metal!:puke:

The transfer case I am guessing is a 203 and is setting behind an automatic.

I didn't get a good look but I do believe it has full time 4 wheel drive front axle.
The gas tank is of course behind the seat but would be much better smelling full of D2.;Really

Floor pans were replaced with some flat stock and the rockers seem to be fair along with the cab corners.

All in all, the major structural components are in good shape considering the sheet metal.;Sweet

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 13
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 10
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 7
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 7
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 4

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
A few more.

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 6
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 10
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 10
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 13

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
And the last 2.
Now to see how much fun this will be converting to an IDI.;Sweet

Paging Tim, Paging Dr. Tractor BoyLOL

Attachments

• MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 12
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 8

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Ron,Hey RON,Are you feeling allrightcookoo .There is way too much work there, While they we're cool trucks (factory highboys) The power assist steering:puke: And the 203 TC:puke: are troublesome pieces. but if you want a project a project you have. Also that grillshell alone if in good shape will fetch about $400 on ebay and another $250 for that bumper with protectors.Those highboy parts go for a premium these days . Buy it, part it, sell it and put the money into the truck previously known as goldie.

But if you're ready lets do it:thumbsup: I'm layed off untill april.

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
That's an early 77 High Boy. They changed over to the negative arched front springs mid yr. 77. Also did away with the steering assist and other things also. That has the divorced transfer case so it runs 3 drive shafts. I use to have one with a 351M and a c-6. Thing was a beast!!;Sweet Always loved those trucks! It probably has 4:11's in the rears. Whenever you order any suspension parts tell them it's a 76, that way you have a better chance of getting what you need. Good luck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah Grasshoffer.... Much grass paper for you to walk on there. :thumbsup: LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Ah Grasshoffer.... Much grass paper for you to walk on there. :thumbsup: LOL

LOL
I agree especially after talking to Tim last night.:puke:
But just a bigger project not much different from doing the Ranger V-8 conversion.:love:
He's game for a road trip tho as an expert builder.:thumbsup:
I put my bid in on it today. a whopping $100.00 so we'll see what happens.
Karen says she wants it to be her truck if and when I get it done. Too bad she's gonna get a diesel shoved in there.:backoff

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
So just how much is a factory highboy worth? I've got a friend who has been trying to get me to buy his '77 for a couple of years now, but I don't want a gasser. It's got a 390 (rebuilt) and 4 speed. It needs some wiring work (probably a whole new harness), but it's structurally sound. Could use a cosmetic makeover;Really , which is my specialty. I think the last time he offered it to me, he wanted $2500. Of course it would require an IDI transplant. My wife wanted me to buy it at one time, but I had enough projects going...I can't believe I turned down a project.

Tom

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
I've seen junk go for $1000, $5000 for nice, and $15,000 for totally restored. Parts also bring some good cash. If they're rust free that helps the price a lot.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Update.

Well I got the call last night that made me laught pretty hard.
The guy wants no less than 400 clams for a rusty non runnin parts/project truck.:eek:
He lives in California and apparently he knows what they are worth.
Too bad it will prolly sit there for another 10 years given what I paid for the Beef.
Seems that his brother couldn't tell him how rusty the truck had become and what trucks are going for in this area.:backoff

So I politly told him no thanks and said a few choice words after hanging up.

Oh well wasn't meant to be as I found out today that the truck I really wanted took a telephone pole this morning. Late 70's F-350 crew cab step side 4x4.:love:
I put the word in that I'm interested as it is more of a fitting project for what I want to do and can haul the whole family.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk