portable WMO

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Sure it is. It's 95 degrees here today and I still was heating my oil. Hot oil filters way better than ambient temp oil.

Sorry, I read that second to last post only once and i thought you were telling me that putting heating oil in there is a not good. lol whoops.

Yes, i agree, heating the oil helps a lot. How hot do you heat yours?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Sorry, I read that second to last post only once and i thought you were telling me that putting heating oil in there is a not good. lol whoops.

Yes, i agree, heating the oil helps a lot. How hot do you heat yours?

Well my temp gauge called it quits but I'm pretty confident I'm around 185 based on what it was like when the gauge worked.

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Ok, well that about what i heat it to. I know heating it is important to get the water out of it, but even if it sits at around 150 for a few hours the water will evaporate correct?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Ok, well that about what i heat it to. I know heating it is important to get the water out of it, but even if it sits at around 150 for a few hours the water will evaporate correct?

Yep. My garage turns into a sauna sometimes when heating the oil. :rotflmao

seriousbum

seriousbum
Reaction score
I have put 70k miles on my 7.3 2002 using WMO and WVO. I would disagree with you slightly. You have to have a system designed to heat the oil. If there is an injection pump the oil needs to be at 160degrees before the pump. I have the other style with high pressure oil injection and I only have to deliver the oil at 120degrees to the block. Also, I would like to re-emphasize that water is as big a problem as crud. Whatever system you use has to take the water out.
TR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online