Plow truck pictures please!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Goofy. Not to bust your balls, but I think You should listen to G.W.

By the looks of that plow, I think my 4 wheeler blade is stronger and only has 900lbs pushing it not 7,000

NO, I know what you are saying Brad. I ain't denying that this isn't a high quality plow. I just take my time, go slow and I always keep in mind that sh** happens. I might bend it all to hell this winter, but then again it might be just as tough as my older snowbear and last all year without a single problem.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

My dads ole 77 F250 High Boy. I now own it. It had a 7' Western (cable operated of course) That truck and plow has done ALOT of snow removal. I took the snow plow stuff off it but wish I didnt. I could still put it all back on but I know I would probably break somethin and its still got the original clutch in it at 173k on it as of now. Its my wood cutting truck now. Still a good ole truck that I will never get rid of. I plan on puttin that plow on my 99, just got to make a mount for it.

This is what I use right now. 05 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4i. I bought it new. I put my 27" mud lites on it for the winter for the better ground clearance. Has plowed tons of snow as well. Has over 300hrs on it so far. Has a 58" Cycle country and a cheap winch on it.

I need to get my mount on and get the bigger tires on it for the season. No snow yet.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a 2 wheel Gravely walk behind

I like my old gravely, I have a 1962 model L that I converted to a LI. When I go plowing, that's what is in the bed with the push blade on it. It does great on sidewalks and it will even skim across turf without tearing it up. It's great for clearing a path to the woodpile. These gravely's will work you a little bit, but it will put a grin on your face when you use one. Here's mine with the blower on it. Had to use it to even get to the truck.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I like my old gravely, I have a 1962 model L that I converted to a LI. When I go plowing, that's what is in the bed with the push blade on it. It does great on sidewalks and it will even skim across turf without tearing it up. It's great for clearing a path to the woodpile. These gravely's will work you a little bit, but it will put a grin on your face when you use one. Here's mine with the blower on it. Had to use it to even get to the truck.

Very nice.;Sweet The first time I hooked up the 48" blade on the Gravely it blew my mind. In certain instances its faster than a pickup. I know nothing of its size that can push snow like that.:sly I'm on the lookout for a 24" blower also.:D

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
showoff.:rolleyes:;Poke I freaking love the mammoth iron you have to show us.;Sweet

I think everyone should invest in a military vehicle. Your in NJ so you can hit Ft. Drum, NY or in Maryland for a good price on them. Any of you folks in the south, Camp Shelby sells most of their stuff at scrap price.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
We had an old David Bradley in the shop a few yrs back. Bet it wouldve been a snow pushing machine!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you truck guys are lucky plowing snow in a nice warm cab. I freeze my ass off with this, 5 useless fwd. speeds and the 6th I can use, 2 in reverse, and 1 I can use. But I can throw snow 50 feet. Gotta get a heater and a cab on the tractor before winter.

Attachments

• DVC01586.JPG
    DVC01586.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DVC01588.JPG
    DVC01588.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DVC01548.JPG
    DVC01548.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 8

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no pics right now since it has not snowed in NJ since the freak Halloween storm but I have a 8 1/2' western pro uni-mount on my beast

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
I think everyone should invest in a military vehicle. Your in NJ so you can hit Ft. Drum, NY or in Maryland for a good price on them. Any of you folks in the south, Camp Shelby sells most of their stuff at scrap price.

Ft Meade,MD has been getting in some decent trucks lately and the deuce's and 5tons have been going for pretty cheap actually

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I don't want to make simp5782 jealous of my iron but here it goes...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?....640307362045.2202555.29403718&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?....640307362045.2202555.29403718&type=3&theater

I have used it a few times but I need to get weights for it. The chains helped a ton though...

Forgot the info:

John Deere GT262 17HP with a 42" JD Blade and chains. Bought it all beat to heck and sanded/grinded/primed and painted. Looks decent and functions well enough without weights.

Thad

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
dakota,

If it isn't Red (or that size white and yellow), leave it in the shed.....

Sorry couldn't resist...... those are pretty good also.... at least they are not like the new throw-away ones you can get at the big box stores..... if you want one that will work, you have to goto a dealer.... for both color ones.... they ones you get at a dealer are not the same as the ones at the box stores......

What are the specs on it..... mine is at the bottom of the first page........

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel