Please help....

NationalChamp6

Reaction score
I run a body shop, we have a friend that we are rebuilding his truck for, it is a 2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty with the 7.3L diesel. He was driving down the highway at 60mph when he t-boned a Honda. The frame got mashed and need a front clip, the only engine damage we could find was a broken motor mount and a turbo grommet torn. We replaced the frame and put it back together. Now we are trying to get it to run. We show no DTC's, it will only turn over at 75rpm's. From what I understand, it should crank at 100rpm's. We have charged the battery's overnight and still have the same results. We have good fuel pressure, we have replaced the fuel filter, we can cycle the glow plugs. Sometimes it will fire and will run very ruff and will shut off after a second or two. The dipstick handle got broken so we cannot check the oil level. The truck originally showed a DTC of a PCM failure. We got a reman from ford. Now the code is gone. And yes it is the correct one and it has been programmed. Also, the truck sat for almost a year before it got to our shop. We put fresh diesel in with conditioner. So please help! Any ideas?

discbrks

Reaction score
Maybe try draining the oil and refill what you KNOW is the right amount. Have you tried plugging in the truck overnight to get the engine warm? These are just guesses....

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Check the harness with the red tape really good. If the truck was in that kinda hit it may have mashed the IDM. If you follow that harness away from the engine you will find it. I do think it is in the passenger front wheel well. I have seen the harnesses get banged up in a crash and cause all kinds of greif.
Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance