Picked up another one yesterday

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea ive thought about that, ,maybe when i have more expendable income, but by then youll probably have the market sewn up! lol. looks like a cool job man you a lineman? from all your expertise i see on here i always thought you were an autobody guy

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Former auto body,tow truck driver,ASE certified GM tech, Union Equipment operator/mechanic, Verizon I/M tech, 4wd shop salesman/service advisor, Truck driver, Farmer, you name it.

CURRENTLY Sub for the power company. This pays the best so far with EXCELLENT benefits but I have had more enjoyable jobs

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id love to learn body work, but i got time lol im 17 man, and a plumber. startin soon in a construction company as a laborer, only movin up from there, hopefully find myself in the garage or operating. its 22$ an hr to start, laboring. pretty good for me. and you got one hell of a resume lol you ASE certified before the duramax/allison or no?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I started at a body shop when I was 11 years old sweeping the floor and taking out the trash. My last job at the shop was a Frame off resto on a 48 F1. I am far from an expert but I know the right way and the wrong way. But a 2nd place finish at a national truck show does showcase some of my ability

I left GM in 99 so the duramaxes were not out yet, just the JUNK 6.5s

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool deal man. and yea those 6.5s are junk motors. 100k injector life, thrown cranks, sh*t inj. pumps, fried PMDs. im really tempted to pick up a junk body f150 or something, and get my buddy whos a body guy to teach me how to do some work on it, maybe i can get a 7.3 and get crackin. its something i really want to learn. did you work at a dealer for gm?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I worked for 3 GM dealers

And drove this everyday:D They hated me
You must be registered for see images attach

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha thats great, did you give em the old id rather push my ford then drive a chevy? guess i shouldnt type those words, i do drive a duramax.. those thornbirds on there? a little off subject but do they wear good? or are they real soft rubber?

wait! i spy a GM product in the background lol

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
haha thats great, did you give em the old id rather push my ford then drive a chevy? guess i shouldnt type those words, i do drive a duramax.. those thornbirds on there? a little off subject but do they wear good? or are they real soft rubber?

wait! i spy a GM product in the background lol

It's okay, not a day goes by that I don't bash Toyota in some way or other....but my daily driver is a Lexus :rotflmao :rotflmao

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I would laugh at them. Told them I couldnt get a job at a ford Garage cause they that had no broke down trucks, but Chevy was SUPER busy:D

Those Thorbirds went 20,000 and lots of smokey burnouts. My second set only went 6k with normal driving. They changed the rubeer coupound and they sucked.

The GM truck in the drive was my brothers 94 Chevy, dont worry, he is a DIE HARD ford fan now

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worked for 3 GM dealers

And drove this everyday:D They hated me
You must be registered for see images attach

BadAss truck, Dig the glasspacks and old cshool flatt spoke wagon wheels for sure.. What was in it for power, i'm geussing 460?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, and ill look into some swampers, i always wanted a set lol, and whys that? jumpin ship all willy nilly like that ! haha. but gm makes a good truck from all my experience, just scrapped my buddys van, 345k on it, original everything, had a bad HG, and was in MINT shape for a 96, would still smoke the tires, but it was time to put er on the flatbed and haul it away. all our gm's are great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online