Picked up a new power mod

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao Just get out a magic marker and change the numbers to whatever you want.

Of course you could take a pic of the sticker, edit it in photoshop and have a custom sticker made for bragging rights if you really needed a nice custom touch.

never thought of that, wonder if anyone would notice

TD your the photoshop wiz compared to me, it takes me too much time just to put picts on ebay.

well my PSD has been around for 11 years and I dont think you could get more abused that a company truck with a utility body.
or the stone quarry truck that has just as much dirt inside as outside.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never thought of that, wonder if anyone would notice

TD your the photoshop wiz compared to me, it takes me too much time just to put picts on ebay.

well my PSD has been around for 11 years and I dont think you could get more abused that a company truck with a utility body.
or the stone quarry truck that has just as much dirt inside as outside.

Go to the local cat dealer and get a can of yellow spray paint, 2 cat emblems for the fenders and a 3508C valve cover decal that says 915 hp and 4003 ft lbs torque....There's no doubt in my mind that you can convinve the ricer crowd at Autozone that's what you have under the hood.:rotflmao

The powerstrokes definatly get severly abused and neglected. Good thing about them is they won't let you neglect the oil because the simply shut off or at the very least run like crap. 330k on my 7 year old engine, bottom end looked like new when I had it out a few months ago to change the timing cover and 6 out of 8 of the injectors were originals when I changed them at about 327,000 miles.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Jred,
Don't worry about being the lowest one there - in most cases they have a prize for turnig in the lowest numbers - which anytime anyone gives me anything for free I call it a good day... I didn't get that claim when I ran The Enterprise a few years ago - a first gen dodge took those honors.

I'm pretty sure i won the lowest rating when i did mine, didn't win any free stuff though...:dunno LOL

Mrs Jred

Reaction score
They didn't turn anything but their tails like all IDI's do when it comes to a dyno event.Best part,it was for fun and the guys who run it even have the last couple of shows made a special class for you guys and yet you are still afraid of the Big Bad Goat Owners and us fellow Powerstroke owners.Its not about power in the spring,its about having the testicular fortitude to show all in attendence that no matter what you have,you at least tried.

So tell us all oh wise one,what do you know other than your afraid of a dyno?.Because other than that,you have nothing to back up any claims of power with any of your rides.

Yo Dude...
Are You SURE you was at the same event I was at?.I mean,I did have a few too many corn flakes in a can and was a bit tipsy but I do not remember any "greasy coverall wearing guy" getting into any trucks.I was outside the bay on the hill all day relaxing and watching the trucks and ladies and I am certain the dyno operator was clean and not covered in grease.Now the dudes strapping and unstrapping,thats a different story,especially after the pulling truck went on Sunday and made the whole place dissappear along with Rte 15.BTW,when they have dynoed my ride when I bring it and not have adult beverages,the dyno operator drives and I sit my big fat rear in the right seat and he runs it where I want it and not a rpm further.Maybe if you paid attention to what goes on and rid yourself of the fear of the dyno.

And so we answer the other dudes question,they dyno or run all the trucks because they know how it should be done plus it helps us all get through faster.The goat owners who run the shindig have it down and can run alot of trucks through in a day so all who come get what they want,a shot at the jet.If we all did our own drivin,imagine how screwed up it would be since we do not know what or how to run them on their jet.

Thats because you are in fear of any dyno as it would show you what your precious Bullwinkle Moose truck doesn't do,make power.You bust on the Goat owners who run the show,break the stones of the shop owners and the one that really gets under my fingers is busting on a fellow Ford owner because he runs a Powerstroke.Your right,spend that 50 clams on silly stickers dude,this way it keeps your Bullwinkle truck and your pavement princesses from hogging the dyno time for the guys who want to dyno...........Thump

Just so you know I happen to know the "goat owners" you are talking about and yes they might drive dodge trucks but why don't you educate yourself on what they drag almost every sunday. Then maybe you will get off of your soap box.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
They didn't turn anything but their tails like all IDI's do when it comes to a dyno event.Best part,it was for fun and the guys who run it even have the last couple of shows made a special class for you guys and yet you are still afraid of the Big Bad Goat Owners and us fellow Powerstroke owners.Its not about power in the spring,its about having the testicular fortitude to show all in attendence that no matter what you have,you at least tried.

Or Bikerat you could say that you guys who are trying to impress each other with the biggest horsepower and torque numbers, are just compencating for something. We IDI owners have nothing to prove, we all know that our motors will last a long time cheaply with decent power. Just my $.02.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got 250 k on my 96, would say its holding up good.
put more miles on it in a week than some idi guys do in a year.
Put your money where your mouth is........:D
My '89 F450 carrier was bought in '93 with 150k on the ODO.
It was parked in '04 with 890k from actual logbook miles.
At 640k the motor that was originally in the truck when I bought her finally hydrolocked.
It has had three ZF5's installed over the years.
One front axle rebuild
One newused cab.
That truck has certainly earned her keep over the years;Sweet
With all those miles, was towed home once when I scattered the clutch disc.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 640k the motor that was originally in the truck when I bought her finally hydrolocked.
One front axle rebuild
One newused cab.

You need to have that thing bronzed;Sweet I'd say it was a worthwhile investment, prolly turned close to 2 mil in revenue in its lifetime.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Ok. We got a little off-track here. I've got two of those underpowered, un-duno'd IDI's that I need some of those power adder stickers for:D . So how do we get 'em?

Tom

tractorman86

Reaction score
One front axle rebuild
One newused cab.

890k :eek: :eek: :eek: yea these motors :rock:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
890k :eek: :eek: :eek: yea these motors :rock:
nononono....the original motor hydrolocked at 640k. It got replaced when that event happened. But yea, the truck is on its second motor;Sweet Anybody can tell you I do work my equipment hard but I don't abuse my stuff:D
As far as IDI's being the powerhouse laughingstock, oh well, go ahead and laugh. I'm used to having the oldest equipment on the block. The stuff is well maintained and doesn't break me when I do need to fix it. I personally am a info nut, so throwing the truck on the rollers is only for my personal info, not to compete with others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online