Performance

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
Hello everyone Im new to these forums but Im no noob to the diesel world or forums. BUT for some reason Im having problems tracking down a few things on here.

1. I have read a few different names on Injectors for our trucks but cant find a website to rear info and order could someone please post links ?

2. Same as above but for fuel pumps or IP's

3. Is propane injection safe on our IDI's ?

thanks everyone !

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
I think the few names I seen were DPS ? Kens ? moose ? Im just goin off of reading some of the names in the topic right around this one about the guy wanting to build the 350-450 hp IDI

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know about the Dps, or kens, The moose is exclusive to this thread I believe. Pm mel about it (agnem) really good guy and helpfull as well.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to this forum. We will help you with anything and thats way more than the dealership can do... The best injector for these motors are the BB code injectors. The turbo G codes will not make more hp nor will they give you better fuel mileage than the BB codes. Thats a known fact here....:sly Both Mel (AGNEM) & Russ (YTP4) sel the new BB codes and Mel sells a high performance pump and injectors. They truely stand behind what they sel. Nobody has ever had a bad time with either of these fine members. Read the Hall of Shame for who not to buy from. Yes, propane is safe for these motors but.... You need a pyro before you start using it. Otherwise you can melt a piston because you have no idea how hot the exhaust is getting. Usually we suggest 1100 degrees is the top number for a motor to last very long. Aluminum melts at 1225 degrees or there abouts. You don't need to get close to that number because pistons start to deform before that... Think of soft butter and hard butter thats been in the frige....

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
thank you both for responding I will be contacting Mel then soon. Just a few more questions before I head to bed. Where can head studs be ordered from and whats the rough est on price ? and also can we make our motors capable of running 20-25lbs without spending thousands ??

thanks again

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
can we make our motors capable of running 20-25lbs without spending thousands ??

LOL That's the unofficial official most asked question on OB--especially for the last few weeks it seems.... :D

A good set of tested injectors, a healthy fuel system, proper timing and a turbocharger make all the difference in the world with these trucks. Most call it good after those mods. Anything more than that is up to you and how you want to go about doing it.

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
I bet that question is coming up so much because of our buddies looking down on our idi's they think there just junk so we are trying to improve the old girls

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I bet that question is coming up so much because of our buddies looking down on our idi's they think there just junk so we are trying to improve the old girls

Could be :dunno

People poke fun at my ol' girl and that's fine. It usually takes just one ride for all the laughter to stop--I owe that to the Centurion captain seats and smooth ride though not the motor under the hood LOL

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
haha there ya go Im getting ready to put carpet and a new seat in mine soon so maybe that will win some brownie points for my truck, i could always tell em well how much do you have in your cummins ? haha cuz i have 300 bucks in my idi

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The cost of owning an idi plus the upkeep is so far below the psd or electronic motors out there is simply amazing. Even our oil change is cheaper than any of the big three trucks....:D The ease at what we need to do just to replace a set or even one injector is simply crazy easy fun. The duramax and psd motors need the valve covers off just to "see" an injector. No telling how much crap you have to remove first just to reach an injector. Our motor has them looking at you all the time. The Moose Misters are the most expensive injector we can install but... Just one psd injector is more expensive than a set of the misters...:eek::angel: So are they really expensive for a set of 8..... I don't think so.... Scooter... The idi is a simple... Easy and cost effective pulling truck that begs to be worked hard. Easy simple maintance will keep them running forever or as long as parts are available.... Next time you drive by a dealership stop by and have a look see whats in the bays getting "fixed"... Then just laugh some as you hit the road knowing you own your rig... Those poor saps are paying big time every moth just to ride cool rigs... But who really owns their rigs... The banks or the finance company..... And which offshore country owns them these days....:sly

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Say anthing more and you get an ear full.

That's because most only say... Not too many are actually doing and that is where the criticism comes from imo. I think I speak for everyone when I say we all want to see a high hp IDI ;Sweet

coalrollinIDI

Reaction score
Oh i would have to agree there with I have read alot of post about someone building one, I love building my own stuff but when it comes to the injectors and pump i will trusting moose products

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
On this site anything more than a moose pump,injectors, turbo, and head studs is laughed at. Say anthing more and you get an ear full.

I don't see anyone laughing about trying to make more power. But when someone gets on and disregards the advice of years of experience and then disappears people get a little skeptical of the talk.
Is there more power for the IDI? Probably. But it will take a thick wallet to find it.
And that is the problem. Most people don't have the money to do what it is going to take to get there.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Or we get the guys who come in and tell us a list of things they are going to do, it will cost them x amount if money and will make x amount of hp/tq. There's nothing wrong with that, but 99% figure out it's going to take 2x money to make 3/4x hp/tq.

It is what it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger