PEOPLE THAT PROVIDE EXCELLENT SERVICE!

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avery Automotive in Sultan, Washington!

I recently bought my first diesel f250. The guy said he had just replaced all the brake parts. I saw evidence of that, (I quickly discovered he had indeed done the brakes but had done a really bad job of it.), but it had a soft pedal, and the brakes would lock up on me way too easily.

So, I took it to a shop. Which shall remain nameless. (In Monroe, Wa.) They took me for almost 600 dollars. They insisted that it was the master cylinder, so that was replaced. They bench bled the MC, and caused a leak internally. Which left me with an MC to which they had caused EXACTLY the same problem they claimed the old one needed replaced for, in the first place. I left that shop with no improvement in the brake pedal.

Next, I waited a week or so, then made an appointment with Avery Automotive. During that week, I had come here, registered, and asked some questions about the brake. I had been led to the RABS valve, in that thread.

I unplugged the ABS fuse, from the fusebox, and that stopped the problem with the rear brakes locking up on me as they had been. But I still had a soft pedal, and needed to know I could count on my brakes.

Imagine my delight when, talking to the guy at Avery, after I had told him just a bit about the problems, he went right straight to the RABS valve as the probable problem.

1. They knew what the real problem was, right away.
2. I waited in the waiting room, and also had a look around the building and work bays, and while I was there, 17 out of 18 vehicles that I saw them working on, were big trucks like mine. So they know big trucks!
3. When I drove away on monday evening, I actually had real brakes, working correctly, for the first time ever, since owning this truck.

:Thumbs Up :Thumbs Up :Thumbs Up :Thumbs Up :Thumbs Up

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Please put the Shop in monroe in the hall of shame thread so fellow Washington members don't get burned.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please put the Shop in monroe in the hall of shame thread so fellow Washington members don't get burned.

If I thought the shop did what they did out of negligence, carelessness, or simple greed, I would do so.

I think their approach to mechanical work is to make an assumption, then start throwing parts at it. I don't think diagnostics is their strong suit. I DIDN'T get the feeling that they had done such a crappy job because they didn't care. I got the feeling that they just didn't know.

But then, mechanical work is not their first 'job'.

So let's just leave it at... Avoid getting mechanical work done at a shop that specializes in something else, first.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good topic. ;Sweet

In my time as a member here, I have met/done business with several members.

My recommendations are (in no particular order):

Russ (typ4)
Mel (Agnem)
Jeremy (junk)
Leeland (Leeland)
Jason (freebird01)
Calvin (towcat)
Ron (defecater)
Everett (DragRag)
RJ (lotzagoodstuff)

All of these guys demonstrated good communication and outstanding customer service. I would not hesitate to buy something from any of them again.

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to pass on two that I have been very pleased with:

http://thesensorconnection.com/category/gauge-pyrometer-kits/all-gauge-pyrometer-kits
I use their probes and meters exclusively now. No problems with any of them.
They have solutions for just about any temperature monitoring application.
And they are very nice folks to deal with. Prompt delivery and answers.

http://www.dieselpumpinjector.com/
After replacing 2 VP-44's (don't get me started), I found these guys.
Excellent service, have their own benches, and generally stock spares.
Recommended.

I will throw this one in (haven't used him, except for questions - but he
has an excellent reputation around here).
Diesel Fuel Injection Repair
(936)-231-2072. ask for Vern. Stanadynes mostly, no electronic IP's.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I guess I should've put this in here sooner. If anyone happens to be in the south/central ohio or Chillicothe area, Larry's Mobile Auto here in town is awesome for alignments. Truck has to fit under the 9'door, but he has a medium duty rack that is recessed into the floor. Great for long wheelbase and dually trucks that might not fit on conventional racks that must lift the vehicle to a certain height. Larry is a great old school guy that knows what he's doing and went the extra mile to get the Enterprise's front end aligned after getting hit and ditched.

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fort Worh Differential &Gear

If you need work on your differential or manual transmission in the DFW area, call Charlie or Michele. They are good people to work with. I had them do a gear swap on my truck. There was a problem with the speedo afterwards and Charlie had no problem double-checking the work. He made it all right and everything works perfect. Would definately use them again.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Bought a Axle shaft/Knuckle for a D50 from @riotwarrior shipping was lightning fast arrived in 4 days(not including weekend) item was packed very well shafts where wrapped in cardboard and that plastic wrap for salad bowls LOL which I for get the name of.
Looking forward to doing more business with you Al ;Sweet
Oh and he even gave me Haynes book for my truck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 143

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Economy Diesel in Hiram GA

These guy's are worth the trip. Two techs on staff who worked for FMC for 25 years (they know IDI's) and reasonable labour rates. I had struggled to find a shop that I felt actually WANTED to work on my truck. Now I have.

Thanks Guys.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These guy's are worth the trip. Two techs on staff who worked for FMC for 25 years (they know IDI's) and reasonable labour rates. I had struggled to find a shop that I felt actually WANTED to work on my truck. Now I have.

Thanks Guys.

Name of shop and location?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idiot
Put a part on my workbench inside of 24 hours ( one he offered up to help me out)!
Still waiting on a delivery from washington state I placed 3 1/2 weeks ago.

Tuffbuddy221

Reaction score
Bakers Diesel in Ogden, Utah.
Have been fantastic to work with and there are several techs that know their way around the IDI.

I recently had the IP pump rebuilt, new injector and glow plugs installed.

NEW TRUCK!!!
When I was having other issues and could not find the information quickly on Oilburners.net, they were more than willing to talk with me and gave me suggestions and/ or tips... Love these guys.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shared on another forum and more than deserves to be passed along.

The skinny is this, The shop took the trans in and found the *NEW* Torque Converter had come apart and chewed the pump destroying the whole trans. Now the shop could have told me to **** off there warrant doesn't cover a faulty TQ but no they picked the truck up at my house, pulled the trans rebuilt it and sen the TQ back. Then received the new TQ put it all together and drove it to my house........ not one dime spent.

For those of you in or around the area (Calhoun GA), The trans shop is called Trans-Plus2. It is run by a man named Marc. I have nothing but amazing things to say about the shop and Marc.

https://www.facebook.com/transplus02/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online