People just don't understand

Hossidi

Rollin black coal
Reaction score
The IP and injectors are really easy. Not a problem at all. We can do that. The turbo..... I've done two Banks installs. The others can't be too bad. I'd recommend getting new Motorcraft glowplugs put in before you install the turbo (winter is coming and it's easier to change them without the turbo on there).

Heath

Just got brand new glow plugs before I bought the truck buddy.
But yeah I've got your number so I'll give u a call here pretty soon. The turbo I ordered is a banks, can't wait to install it.

Does the turbo make a big sound difference in the exhaust?

Hossidi

Rollin black coal
Reaction score
No sir, I have been driving truck since I graduated high school. Currently and for the past 4 years I have been dump trucking.

Here is the link to that video as I promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYSi-hhviYs

Like I say, I will take a Rattlepillar over a Cumm-apart, Mercedes, International or Detroit ANY day of the week.

I have seen my fair share of good running engines, and bad ones. I mean just because an engine is strong, don't make it a good engine if it breaks down every day of the week.

That 3406B in my truck is an ANIMAL. It will run with some of the newer higher powered stuff and still get FAIRLY good mileage. It will lug down to 900 RPM idling upto a stop light, then when it changed green you can just lay into it...loaded or empty...no downshifting! :D

Try THAT with on old mechanical N14 ;Poke

Here pretty soon I'll try to get some pictures up and maybe a video while at work. But yeah that truck you was in didn't have a problem at all keeping up with that dummins

Hossidi

Rollin black coal
Reaction score
Yeah I know they whistle but I didn't know if it made a big difference in the sound of the truck all together

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh don't speak poorly about the mechanical N14. I used to run one in a milk truck, and it was common in my town to race whatever dumptruck lined up with you at the lights. Even with the tags and pushers down and loaded heavy my Ford used to eat those trucks. And they weren't exactly setup conservatively, just like the milk truck. We had a good redneck town until the police because such....police!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
All I know is my 3406 has eaten up all trucks of it's era. old detroits, old cummins 350, 400 big cams, a 444, N14 mechanical and electonic engines and lots of other cats. The only thing that really gives my engine a run for it's $$ are the newer 60 series, the new IS seris (ISM, ISX etc) and anything hotrodded over 400 horsepower with a split high side (13 or 18 speed)

Best part is, my truck is a 1973 L9000, not real long legged, but who needs a 100 MPH race horse when you are the only mountain goat climbingthe hills with all day long.

Hossidi

Rollin black coal
Reaction score
Hey you do gotta give the ole 318 Detroit some credit. It's a workhorse . We have one in our grain truck and I can't complain one bit. It does the job well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online