Parts Transportation network

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
One of the other boards I frequent is for Cub cadets. they have a loosely organized "Cub transportation network". If you but some parts from, say Michigan, someone might be able to get them to Ohio, and then someone to PA, and finally, they end up near your house.

Can we do something like that for our Ford Parts? There is a limited slip 10.25 axle in Texas. It is for local pickup only. I am hesitant to bid unless I felt confident that someone could pick it up, and had room to get it started on its journey East.
On the other hand, I guess there is a chance that someone could simply get the part and not pass it on....( Ford guys are honest, right?)

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've been doing that for years here. It's called the BOOB Express (Brotherhood Of Oil Burners)

When and Where in Texas, it's a pretty big state.

Last edited:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Yep What Mike said. I know I picked up a gen set for Doug Benson, took it to Nicks, we then hauled it to Joe(PaFixit) and he got it to Doug. One time Nick picked up a sun visor for me from Darron and got it down here while on a road trip. Just have to find enough friends to fill in the blanks and not be in a hurry.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
OK,
Lets see if there is anyone available to get this started. The item is a rear axle so its pretty bulky.
It is in Melissa, TX and ( if i win the auction) needs to get somewhere close to Bel Air ( NE of Baltimore), MD.
I haven't bid yet; I 'm just trying to see if this might work.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Houston with my truck and 24 ft gooseneck. I will be here until the 19th then I FLY home for the holidays. I FLY back to Houston on the 3rd of January and will be here until the end of January approximately. At that time I am driving back with my trailer and all my tools, equipment and 6 sets of H1 tires and wheels back to Lynchburg VA.

It would be no problem for me to bring that with me if this fit your timeframe. I have to drive north of Dallas to pick up the tires and wheels so unless the axle is really out west picking it up shouldn't be an issue either. If you are in a hurry however I am not your guy.

On this note, a sticky where we could share info about who needs what moved where or who can move what where/when would be a great idea.

gandalf

Reaction score
My map shows Melissa just 40 miles NNE of the center of Dallas, out near McKinney, I believe it is.

Hope this works out.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Mike, I will have the 10.25 rear end that is avaliable out of the truck that we just dissasembled. It is a 4:10 LS. If you are interested it might be easier to start the Boob Express from here. It is pretty rust free, no Mi scaley rust since the truck came from CA.

Just a thought, let me know.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
This is COOL! I didnt know that there was such a thing! And here I've been shipping axles and engines and such for the last 3 years! lol
But I guess Im not a BOOB member, how do I become one?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is COOL! I didnt know that there was such a thing! And here I've been shipping axles and engines and such for the last 3 years! lol
But I guess Im not a BOOB member, how do I become one?

You're already a B-Showtits B hereLOL Got DIESEL!!! That's good enough for me and most anybody else here.

Mike F
I'll be in McKinney, TX (north side really close to Melissa at that) over Christmas and can get it to Autryville, NC close to Fayetteville, NC around the first of the year. They'll have to load, I can't lift that heavy but I do have a hoist on this end so here's another option fer ya. Preffer it's picked up from my place by the 20th of Jan when I put my truck to work over the road but it can sit in my shop until it can be picked up too.

Last edited:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Michael,

if dirtleg gets it to lynchburg & has some where & some way to sit it on the carhauler, I'll bring it to belair for you. I can pass thru lynchburg anytime you need pretty much any week. I haul out of the lynchburg airport on occasion. Even if I don't have a load out there, I can run rt.29 home instead of I85 to get it home for you. let me know. 443-340-8079

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
While we're on the topic, I'll throw this out here too. If anybody needs something moved (complete vehicles, running - got no winches on the trucks) along the east coast & even as far west as ohio, or tenn., Contact me & I'll see what I can do. All i'd be looking for is covering my costs & feed me a meal. I'd love to have a reason to put the word "boob" on my truck somewhere;Sweet :D .

Last edited:

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Darrin,
I would rather stick with 3:55 ratio.
However, if this one fails, I may be in contact with you.

ALL
WOW!
I will bid on this axle and keep you posted.
Thanks to everyone.

Michael

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Next question;

Will it fit?

It is a
1990 f-250 rearend sterling 10.25 with limited slip .

My truck is a 1986 F 250 with 10.25 Ford ( which became Sterling). Are the spring pads/ shock mounts brakes all compatible with my truck?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online