part needed. 94 IDI turbo oil piece

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
I need the piece that sits on top of the turbo that the oil feed line goes into the back of and the oil pressure sending unit screws into the front of. It is held in place by two bolts from the top. Looks to be cast iron is about 3 to 4 inches long and an inch or so tall, about an inch or so wide. This piece was only for the IDI turbo in 94 & I can't find one locally. I will gladly buy the part.
Thanks,
Chuck

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Give ATS in Utah a call. They supplied the turbos that were on the 93 1/2 to 94 modle trucks. I'm sure they would sell it to you.

SKimballC

Reaction score
The original ATS in Utah got bought out by ATS the transmission guys in Colorado a year or two back. That's the reason why nobody at ATS knows anything about these turbos or our trucks. If that part is still used on their turbo kits they'll sell you one.
Since the oil feed hole is threaded you can get a 1/4" NPT fitting, put it in the top of the turbo and tee it. One side will need a 1/4" NPT to 1/8" NPT fitting for your oil pressure sender.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
The problem is that the piece had been repaired before I bought the truck. When I put the direct reading guage in the brass repair split open and the truck was instantly down! Can't find the piece in the dealer network anywhere. Nor can I find it in any of the local junk yards (already tried).
I am hoping someone has replaced a turbo unit and has it laying around the shop! I have welded it back up, but it's weeping oil.
Thanks,
Chuck

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original ATS in Utah got bought out by ATS the transmission guys in Colorado a year or two back. That's the reason why nobody at ATS knows anything about these turbos or our trucks. If that part is still used on their turbo kits they'll sell you one.
Since the oil feed hole is threaded you can get a 1/4" NPT fitting, put it in the top of the turbo and tee it. One side will need a 1/4" NPT to 1/8" NPT fitting for your oil pressure sender.

I wondered why their web site looked so different. :rolleyes:

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
By the way, this is the truck that IDIeselman sold to the guy in SC. THAT'S ME!
I love my truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the piece that bolts on bad? or the turbo center section? The oil hole in the turbo under the cast piece should have pipe threads for a fitting, if not I can sell you the one I have. pm me

SKimballC

Reaction score
If the center section is fine and just the bolt-on piece is bad, you can put a fitting in the center section like I mentioned earlier. Which one's split?

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
Is the piece that bolts on bad? or the turbo center section? The oil hole in the turbo under the cast piece should have pipe threads for a fitting, if not I can sell you the one I have. pm me

Russ,
Sent pm. I would like to buy the piece.:thumbsup:
Thanks,
Chuck