Overloaded Trailer?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firewood aside, I must say that that is one of the most impressive looking single-axle tagalong trailers that I have ever seen.

I really like the whole outfit; every single aspect of it.

I am going to be referring to these pictures when I get around to building myself one.
;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a FACE cord on that trailer, not a FULL cord. You would have to have that trailer stacked a FULL 4' high to have a full cord on.

Yes you can fit a full cord on a truck but only if its TIGHTLY stacked and completely heaped. I have done it, but would never try to do highway speeds for any amount of distance.

Those wiki prices on wood are completely off too. A face cord of wood goes from 50-95$. Going price for a FULL CORD of SEASONED, and SPLIT solid oak around here is about 220$(the midwest). Hickory brings even more. West coast brings higher prices as hardwood isnt as easy to come by.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
That's heavy, but it doesnt look too bad....

THIS is overloaded...:D

^ Green red oak

I wish i knew what that load weighed....

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
That is very nice looking trailer.

And JLennon is right, those prices are out of this world. A cord around me and with in a 100 mile radius is going for 175-225 and that is 4x4x8 of stacked wood. If I could sell it for DOUBLE what I paid for it, I would just do the trucking for 200 a cord, but that is NOT the case. No one will buy a cord of wood for 400. I couldn't even sell it for that in NYC

I burn 6-7 cord a year of HARDwood to heat my house. That means I would have a 2400 a year heating bill. It would be cheaper and EASIER to just make a phone call and have oil delivered

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That splitting must have worked up a sweat without a Hyd. splitter. Did it take a six or 12 pack?

bayou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's heavy, but it doesnt look too bad....

THIS is overloaded...:D

^ Green red oak

I wish i knew what that load weighed....

i had my old 83 toyota long bed loaded worse than that :eek: we stacked as high as the cab with green eucaliptus ( maxed out bump stops and squished tires) then drove 60 home...... loads like that are why i bought a 1ton

gandalf

Reaction score
That splitting must have worked up a sweat without a Hyd. splitter. Did it take a six or 12 pack?

There's an old indian saying that covers this.

"When winter comes White man builds big fire, keeps warm cutting wood. Indian builds small fire, keeps warm by staying close."cookoo

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think a cord of wood will fit in that trailer. looks like a bit mroe than a face cord or rick. When I deliver a face cord i load teh bed of a long bed truck up to just below the rail with a tool box inthe bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online