overdrive light blinking

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
My ABS light would come on every now & then when I swapped gears but still drove fine for the most part. It kept getting worse & worse about doing it. I couldn't go up a hill without making it freak out. Finally watched my tach going up a hill one day & saw it bounce alittle then the light came on. Traced it to converter slip, lucky me I had bought a used converter out of a 00 Powerstroke that only had 16k easy miles on it. Dropped the tranny, drilled flex plate to fit the new converter & bolted everything back up. When it locks up now you feel it.

pmelah

Reaction score
i had same problem now it wont shift out of 1st cant figure that one out now its just sitting ing the yard till i get some money saved to fix it

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Got the converter for $100, drilled the flexplate by myself for free. Bolted it up in 4 places & ground off 2 studs on the converter since they wouldn't really bolt up anyways. Went alot easier then I thought.

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
now my damn power steering went out, pressure hose sprayin everywhere. Went for a replacement now i cant get the old one off where it attaches to the steering column...

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a line wrench on the thing, pull the driver-side front wheel off, reach with a pipe or a long piece of woof through the fender, and hit the wrench with a heavy hammer - she will loosen up eventually.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well first off, what bolt are we talking about? There ain't a single bolt in there, tis all double-flared line nuts, like brake lines have, only much much bigger. In any case, if that's what's stuck, you can just cut the line right above it, then slip a 6-pt socket over it and reef on it good.

Standstrong

Frankentruck
Reaction score
that was my idea, i cut the line off but due to the p.s. pump and ac condenser being over top of it, there is no room for anything but a wrench.