Old picture of engine bay!

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that lots like engine bay and turbo pictures, well I was messing around on my website getting rid of some unneeded files and I found an old picture of my engine bay when I had the turbocharged gas engine in there. It had plenty of power but you could watch the fuel hand drop when you touched the go pedal.

You must be registered for see images

This picture was taken right before I pulled the engine out to install the diesel, so a few things have already been taken off or unhooked, like the air filter and PCV setup.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap. Now I have to clean my screen to get the residue off. LOL

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap. Now I have to clean my screen to get the residue off. LOL

Dude, you're not kidding. I think some of it came through on my end.:rotflmao

Well, lets hear it - whats that engine and what's the story behind it? Been a while since I've seen a gasser under the hood. Is that a 302?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 351W with lowered compression, running 60lb injectors, forged pistons, ported heads, 18 psi boost, Megasquirt ECM controlling fuel and spark. As you can see it had accel ignition coil and 4" exhaust dumped out behind the drivers door. 255lph walbros in each tank as well as half inch fuel line from the tank to the fuel rail. Also had an oil catch can on the PCV setup to keep oil out of the intake. I had a large front mount intercooler with a dual trumpet Blow Off Valve. It had a large external wastegate set up as a safety measure. I also had a AEM Wideband O2 sensor and ford motorsports gauges, including boost/vacuum , oil pressure and oil temp, with a remote mount oil cooler and oil filter, pre-turbo.

The last few times the truck was driven with that engine, I was playing around on a farm on dirt and gravel roads so everything was pretty dirty.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats actually kinda neat. Not too many guys are turbocharging gas trucks. Heard of trurbocharged 300 six engines, but those too don't happen very often either.

Only problem with turbocharged gassers is they rarely match the MPGs of the N/A counterparts. Its possible, but fairly rare especially when you are dealing with relatively large displacement engines.

Throttle valves suck LOL

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was far from fuel efficient, I think it only got around 12 mpg before the new engine and turbo, but after that I never got to drive it enough to find out what it got for MPGs, I just know that it was low.