Oilburners 2019 Gatlinburg Rally

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't wan to suggest but if you like old mills there is a working state park mill site called:

Mingus Mill
9am to 5 pm. (865) 436-1200
Mingus Creek Trail, Cherokee, NC 28719

1886 grist mill with demonstrations of its still-functional sluice, turbine & other machinery.

This was the first ever turbine mill I had ever seen. Way different that the spill over type mills.
Not trying to convince anyone but just an Idea. Also Cherokee is a gambling town several miles further.
One concern is it is Hour and 15 minutes away.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Did I miss the itinerary or have we not gotten that far yet?

sorry with running around getting everything ready we have not really gotten past a prelim schedule. been working past midnight to many nights catching up. it is meant to be a relaxed schedule anyway. some of it went back and forth trying to find deals. we will try to get something soon.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Yah... we have a camper... finally!

Getting excited!

Heath
That’s at least a camper and a half. The truck didn’t feel like it was earning its keep so you had to get a bigger camper?? LOL

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that we all could fit in Heath"s camper and cancel our sites. Just kidding. Looks sweeeet. When I get a half hour I will knock for a tour. That powerstroke has its work cut out for it now.

Wanted to repost the potluck link.

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/2019-rally-pot-luck.85642/

Just found out if you search in the forum search box "2019 Rally" most (or all) threads show up.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone familiar with the weather there? my phone is showing rain the whole week. wasn't sure if its one of those more unpredictable areas.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
What time are people planning on rolling in Saturday? Trying to figure out how best to plan my trip over.

we plan to be rolling in around noon sat but i think most of the convoy in the link above will be rolling in more around 3 or so in the afternoon.

i am looking at the weather to and although is shows thunderstorms everyday it looks like it is just a 50% chance overall. hopefully they are like PA, they usually hit in the late afternoon if anything and can clear out.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What time are people planning on rolling in Saturday? Trying to figure out how best to plan my trip over.
Same as Jared... we’re rolling in hopefully late Saturday morning or early afternoon.

I’m hoping we get there after Jared. I want him to back my camper into my site for me. Lol

Heath

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cameras are for Sissy's! Lol
As idiot proof as the new fleet truck are cameras are the one thing they don't have. It's coming though I can see it ..

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to post this for a while, but just keep forgetting to....

Bring an inner tube or float of some kind. The river flows around the campground and floating from one end to the other is a great way to cool off and enjoy the water. Well, if the weather cooperates.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac