Oil pressure question

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i used an electric sun pro gauge. it came with that that sensor. install was easy. one ground wire(i went to chassis ground, same as my other gauges), one switched 12v source(used the same fuse as my other gauge's switched 12v's, don't remember what fuse though lol) then the sender wire from the sender to the gauge. then simple hook up for the back lighting.

i got it from advance auto for like $20 or something close like that.

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Ordered a Sunpro kit from Rockauto for $13 shipped to my door. I'm a little nervous because it's a mechanical gauge vs. your electrical gauge, so it will run a plastic tube from the turbo to the gauge in the cab. However, if it doesn't work, it was less than $20 and it's hard to complain about that (unless it fails, then I can complain about the oily mess!).

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would suggest using the copper oil line to come into the cab, that plastic line tends to give out easily and make a mess..

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Ok, I got my oil pressure gauge installed and it works great! I have 45-50 psi cold/highway and 15 psi at warm idle. seems pretty good. Ironically, the factory gauge seems to work now that I put the mechanical gauge in. Dizdak, I used a copper line, much better idea. Thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online