Oil preference?

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Back in the day I only heard good about Rotella now I don't think I'd run it strictly based off the bad rep it gets online. I don't think I've heard one good thing about it in the last few years :dunno

I've always put Chevron Delo in my diesels and keep it changed at about 3-4k miles.

wmoguy

Reaction score
My last oil change I thought I was putting delo400 in and apparently bought delo400 LE. Anyway I am about to change the oil and over the course of the last 3k miles it's used 3 quarts. I've not burned oil before in this motor. Think there could be a correlation between the low emission oil and the burning oil?

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I am running the Delo LE and my truck burns very little oil. Will continue to use it.

Here is what Chevron has on the Delo website:
Delo 400 LE SAE 15W-40 (API CJ-4)

Delo 400 LE SAE 15W-40 is formulated to meet the requirements of post-2007 low emission engines equiped with advanced emission control technologies. Provides outstanding performance with Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel and also with normal and low sulfur diesel fuels, Delo 400 LE is backward compatible and may be used in older, conventional engines and gasoline engines

wmoguy

Reaction score
Changing my oil here in about 30 minutes. That valvoline premium blue got some pretty good ratings and is cheap. Bought some to try it out. I'm just hoping mine doesn't get a complex when it sees the cummins lablel on the bottle and decide to drop two cylinders. LOL

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing my oil here in about 30 minutes. That valvoline premium blue got some pretty good ratings and is cheap. Bought some to try it out. I'm just hoping mine doesn't get a complex when it sees the cummins lablel on the bottle and decide to drop two cylinders. LOL

Thats funny stuff there :D

I might get flamed for this but I use rotella straight 30 in my truck- its easy to obtain and its not a CJ-4 rated oil. IIRC it is CF rated which is what our trucks are supposed to have(that rating or newer).

superbeetle73

Reaction score
I now use Lucas heavy duty 15w-40 for pre 2007 diesel engines. so far no burn off. its what we use in our ambulances at work. we tried rotella , delo, kendall, all with horrible results. we were down several ambulances with the duramax lb7 motors with snapped cranks. our trucks run 24 hours and we need a good product that can handle the abuse. so far with lucas magnum 15w40 we have had little to no issue no more clogged dpf diesel filters. do you know how bad it is to respond to a call for chest pain then while your haullin ass to get there, then reduced engine power happens due to a clogged dpf omg

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
At the farm we run oil from CountryMark in everything from my bosses 2011 F350 to our $250k tractors to the oldest Farmall we have..... I don't know anything about it, but if its cheaper than the stuff i buy i might switch.

Personally, I buy whatever is diesel rated and cheapest....:D

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be worse snap... It could be a diesel thread on military vehicles ;Sweet
Or worse yet, political/religious :rotflmao

Those debates ALWAYS end badly.

FYI : The Army when I was in the service 11 years ago used Mobile synthetic in a can you had to puncture open. Yay for cans. LOL

Was that turbo-shaft for the M-1 Tank, If it is , I poked alot of holes with screwdriver during desert storm. It burned 6 quarts, each time i pulled the ***** plate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online