Oil Burners turbo kit

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score

FordDZLMan9191

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I'd be interested in this if it could be done cheaper than a regular IDI kit or trying to find a factory turbo. I live about an hour from a good sized salvage yard that has everything from cars to heavy equipment, so I'd be willing to bet that I could pick up the turbo fairly cheap. But of course they don't have any factory IDI turbos right now.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i know its not gonna hit max boost and i wouldnt want it to haha but for 340 bucks you would have a serious turbo that will give you back as much boost as you want for as much fuel your putting to it.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
I guarantee anyone, you casn get a junkyard turbo for under 100 dollars. I recommend rebuilding it but, if it has a tight shaft in it still then go ahead and run it as is.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
i know its not gonna hit max boost and i wouldnt want it to haha but for 340 bucks you would have a serious turbo that will give you back as much boost as you want for as much fuel your putting to it.

you would, but, you just have to make sure you can get boost from it at an rpm you can hit. if it just starts hitting 5psi when you are at 2800rpm, thats no bueno.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I guarantee anyone, you casn get a junkyard turbo for under 100 dollars. I recommend rebuilding it but, if it has a tight shaft in it still then go ahead and run it as is.

ya but say you get a beefed up turbo like the one i posted or similar. crank the fuel up "bb" code injectors or moose misters if you can afford them. your going to have the max boost for your money id think

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
you would, but, you just have to make sure you can get boost from it at an rpm you can hit. if it just starts hitting 5psi when you are at 2800rpm, thats no bueno.

thats very true. why couldnt you take a turbo off of like a 6.5 chevy? its made for a diesel and mounts to the side of engine. be pretty simple id think

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
ya but say you get a beefed up turbo like the one i posted or similar. crank the fuel up "bb" code injectors or moose misters if you can afford them. your going to have the max boost for your money id think

i looked at the ebay charger again. you are gonna need some heavy fuel or serious rpm to enjoy that puppy. its running a big AR and a 72 wheel. basically it will deliver a lot of boost, 40psi easily but, it needs a lot of exhaust to spin it.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i looked at the ebay charger again. you are gonna need some heavy fuel or serious rpm to enjoy that puppy. its running a big AR and a 72 wheel. basically it will deliver a lot of boost, 40psi easily but, it needs a lot of exhaust to spin it.

o so i guess it wont work for an idi. what about like a factory 6.0 charger? and on another note did you add those "g" code injectors or where they already in there?

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
6.0 charger would be a tad to hefty for an IDI. hx35 is gonna be the best fit i think. a charger off a 6.5 would probably work too

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
what about those ebay turbos http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT30...298034513QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts#ht_500wt_749 that idea crosses my mind almost everyday but where to get a intake hat and exhaust manifold ive been wanting to stop by our ford dealer ship and see about getting these little things

thats a pretty small charger, not a lot of boost coming out of that, it would definitely be an improvement over stock but, not a whole lot. i think an ats or hypermax hat has the most flexibility on mounting angles, the banks hat is pretty much just good for one direction.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
o so i guess it wont work for an idi. what about like a factory 6.0 charger? and on another note did you add those "g" code injectors or where they already in there?

ordered the g codes and bb's. im holding on the bbs untill i see i am short on fuel. probably stick them in after i get the hx35 mounted up.