Oil Burners turbo kit

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Hx35's have T4 mounts? Same as mine. Will they bolt up to a 093 pedistal???

So many questions. If they can do it, I would probably put one in there.

This is what concerns me. I buy a Hx35, and rebuild it. I go to put it onto the stock mount and:

A.) It wont fit correctly onto the exhaust up-pipe.
B.) It wont bolt up to the turbo pedistal
C.) Compressor clearance issues with the injector lines
D.) Any other clearance issue.

If it wont bolt onto the pedistal, how would one mount it? Thats the key factor to me. If it bolts to the exhaust flange, and the pedistal, I will be the guinea pig ;Sweet

Setting the record straight. The ATS 093 kit has a T3 turbine housing not a T4. They have different flange sizes. So you cannot bolt a T4 turbine housing to the 093 kit. Factory ford kits are the same. The 088 kit used a T4 as does the Hypermax kit.

Now due to the center section of the 093 kit being the same as a T4 turbo you could physically bolt it onto the pedestal. You would need up and downpipes to make it work.

As for the HX35 I do not know if it will mount to the pedestal. That would be good to know. You would still need to make up and down pipes but that's not too hard if you have a little patience and a welder.

Wish ya'll luck in whatever you throw together.

6.9power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could get someone lined up to buy my turbo I have on now if I could got the hx35 to work I would love to start working on this. Dont really have the extra money to do it though cause I just had the transmission rebuilt. I figure I could build an alright and fairly simple setup for about 400. I can find a descent hx35 for about 200 and would have the rest in all of the other stuff. I think I have a pretty simple plan in mind to where I could mount it on the passenger side of the engine compartment where all of the electrical stuff is. So...... If anyone would be willing to buy a perfectly good ats system, I might be able to fab something up.

Last edited:

6.9power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, no guarantees I am selling it yet. But if I do decide to do this, prolly 550. I have a neighbor who is a fabricator and I talked to him the other day. He said he could fab me up a pedestal that would mount on the wheel housing. And then have the oil drain into the valve cover or filler neck. For the piping, the up pipes would come into a y under the truck. Then, most of the piping from there would be done with flex pipe just for ease. From the y the flew pipe would run up somewhere around the passenger side manifold. Then I could have a custom pipe made to fit the inlet of the turbo. Then, For the downpipe(this is where everyone is going to scoff and laugh at me). Cut a hole out of the wheel housing and run the downpipe out that. Then, have it go back under the truck in that gap between the frame and the wheel well. That would be the easiest way to do it. Of course I would make sure to seal the hole very well. With his fabricating skills this could be done. Most of the piping would be done in flex pipe for temporary and ease. And if I was happy with the system I could take all of it off and have real pipe bent to match. What do you guys think?

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good example would be Dave Sponaugle's rig on the FTE forums. He has a stock 093 ATS kit and with his engine modifications he utilizes a constant 24-28psi. He had milled pistons and some other goodies as far as I know...although he had issues keeping the valley pan from blowing out :rotflmao

I know Dave knows quite a bit about IDI's, but sometimes I wonder just why he spent all that money on the engine and is running all that boost, yet #1 still has the stock turbo and #2 has no intercooler!

BTW, for others, there are T3-to-T4 adapters and T4-to-T3 adapters out there, but you have to allow from around 1/2" extra for the T4-to-T3 adapter, to 2+" for the T3-to-T4 adapter.

Also, Holset turbos use a standard Garrett-style oil drain flange so they will bolt up to any turbo kit's existing oil drain, you just have to make the turbo itself fit.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well if I find myself a cheap hx35 I'm going to buy it up and see if it fits.

Whoever has a 093 ats and hx laying around, can you measure te dimensions of the compressor, I wonder if tha hx will be to large in that area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US