Oil and Filter

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I just got my rollback not to long ago, oil was clean so I drove it 1200-1300 miles and I am going to change it. I am FOR SURE using a Motorcraft filter, but I am on the fence about oil. Currently it has a Baldwin oil and fuel filter installed and they will be long gone soon, but I am wanting to know what y'all run for motor oil?
Lubegaurd?
Rotella T?
Motorcraft?
Other???

Do y'all run Motorcraft filters?? Others???

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Current fill is motorcraft 15w40 with a FL1995 filter. I have ran rotella as well with good results.

I have ran the FL1995 filter since the first oil change. My other filters are all Napa filters witch are made by wix. Just stay away from fram filters. Can't stress that enough.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of oil preference threads around. It doesn't help much to know what everybody else uses really. If you find an oil on the shelf, you will find somebody here who uses it. By and large, it's either Rotella or Delo. Myself, I prefer to find a API oil with a CI instead of a CJ rating. So I run some local stuff called Brad-Penn. Motorcraft filters are ;Sweet
Stay away from Fram.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why are u guys sayn fram is bad? i use motor craft but never heard anything bad about fram?
whats the deal?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are not the quality that they used to be, less filter medai and poor quality. I personally have seen the paper breakdown. Not on the diesels but regular oil filters, ford gas and v6 dodge.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are not the quality that they used to be, less filter medai and poor quality. I personally have seen the paper breakdown. Not on the diesels but regular oil filters, ford gas and v6 dodge.

well that sux alot of companys are loosing their quality these days :puke:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
All i run anymore is the FL-1995 and rotella 15-40 altho i been thinking of tryin the motorcraft oil, but the rotella keeps it together at 4500 rpm so i guess i should just stay,
But i hate oil changes 3 gallons of oil+ a 15 dollars filter = me doing this:cry::frustrate:cry: LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This has been a problem with Phram filters for a long time.. Its not just come into the boards...

J D Recovery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet
I run texaco Train ( as in train tracks) engine oil got it from work for free 55 gal drum Its around 30 weight and I mix it with 15/40 from tractor supply.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
where do yall get your motorcraft filters? oh btw I use Castrol tection extra and a napa gold filter. The oil i get at autozone and the filter from napa. It might not work for you but for me they are right across the street from each other

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
where do yall get your motorcraft filters? oh btw I use Castrol tection extra and a napa gold filter. The oil i get at autozone and the filter from napa. It might not work for you but for me they are right across the street from each other

Wally world is were mine come from

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Motorcraft Oil and Filter.

On the Fram Issue...... I am a member on a IH Cub Cadet Forum, and on the hydro transmissions, there is a hydraulic fluid filter. A member some time ago, purchased a Cub Cadet braned oil filter, and all of the aftermarket filters that cross referenced to the CC number. He then opened all the new filters to show the construction..... There were several that looked just like the CC filter, in construction and filter design.... WIX, NAPA (Which are WIX), Stens (A major small engine aftermarket supplier) all were all acceptable, however, the fram filter insides were made of cardboard, and the filter paper was had about half the pleats of the other brands.... the other brands had metal componets and a paper filter medium...... I will see if I can find the pics on the other site and post them up here.......

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin