Oh lawdy DT466 F150

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on the craigslist.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3904303270.html

Selling my project dt466 ih diesel pickup. It needs finished but all the hard stuff is done. The engine is a 1991 international dt466 roller lifter engine. It has a spicer 5 speed trans. It has a 14 bolt rear end and a dana 44 front, which it could use a dana 60. It has an hx40 as the small turbo and was going to use an ht60 as the twin. These engines are capable of just over 1500 horses on the factory lower end. To be street drivable it will need the steering finished, the brake lines ran, front shackles fitted, seats installed, and the rest of the doghouse made over the engine. I have everyhing to complete the truck minus a transfer case. I have thw driveshaft pieces for that to be made up as well. A swap of this type is not exactly cheap and is not common one bit. I can finish the truck for you but you will have to buy it with cash down and the finished price is mugh higher. It currently runs just fine sitting in the truck. Motor had 140k miles on it...not even close to the 800k typically seen begore an in frame overhaul. Brand new clutch. The seats are bucket lexus leather and power seats. Like I said, it will be a beast and can easily hit 600hp for little cash, or about 4000 for 1500hp @3500+ torque, same engine as the case ih sled tractors use.... 636 328 5476

$7000 Obo

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems like a reasonable price to me, but there's no way of knowing if the work he's done is good without taking a look at it in person.

I would DEFINITELY drop a D60 under the front of that truck. Too much weight for a D44.

Last edited:

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the price seemed pretty fair to me too. The idea of a 466 in a half ton is what kinda scares me. To much weight for the front axle and i feel like you'd have way to much torque for the rear axle.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
assuming it gets finished, I see ludicrous amounts of burnt rubber in this truck's future... LOL

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
if the rectangular tubes welded to the frame across the front are any indication i would say broken parts are more in his future then anything...

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good god...

The hard part is done???? So i can just take any motor and trans and put it in a pos old truck and not put anything else back together or actually drive it and the hard part is done?

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IRemember When I Thought That Was The Hard Part. looking Back Fitting The Drive Train Was The Easiest. But I Suppose He's Using The Greater Fool Theory HerE

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I would have opted for the F250 HD frame, but that's just me. That's a whole lot of weight, torque, and twist on an F150 frame...

:eek:

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think i just watched a youtube video of this thing a few minutes ago. sounded awesome

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance