Officially Back

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1989 was indeed the first year the E4OD trans replaced the C6 in these pickups.the C6 was actually an option that could be ordered all through it's life production run in 1996! (it was introduced in '66 for a total of 30 years! just some extra unneeded fun info lol)

the first year,1989 of the E4OD was a real redheaded step child.a whole lot of issues you don't want.:D you can reman one to be as good as the later ones but there's so much,it's probably not even worth messing with it and you'll be better served by getting a later core to reman should the need arise,that is,if it's still original anyway (then one could say,if it is,then just how bad was it,if it's still going after all these years lol)

the banks transcommand is basically a electronic shift kit.not much of an improvement over simply installing a resistor or limp mode (though not as harsh) your far better off to remove that and install a real shift kit that alters the valve body.sure it's more work but much better for the trans.

welcome back! you've been gone for 4 years? seriously? i didn't even notice! :D just teasing.just doesn't seem that long since you've been on the board.man,time flies.

pafixitman

Reaction score
4 years since I sold the dually. I was off the board for a while when the divorce hit. Found out you knuckleheads are cheaper than a shrink and the advice is comparable so I started lurking again. :rotflmao

Corey - In more ways than I will ever admit! In my heart I knew I would be coming back. The rally sold Erica on owning one and I think it will be good getting Doug involved.

With so many members in the Mid Atlantic area, it is just too easy to own one!

Don't need 6 doors and a 2' bed. Would love 4 doors, 4WD and 6 tires though....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online