obs 40/20/40 seat

97444psd

Reaction score
So I have been looking the last few days for a seat that I want for my 97, my dads 95 has a red 40/20/40 seat and I like it a lot better than my buckets so i've been searching for a gray one but no luck.:dunno I would have never thought they would be this hard to find, has anyone ever tried looking for them or am I just not looking hard enough here's a pic of one in a truck on craigslist

Attachments

• cheaptrucks542.jpg
    cheaptrucks542.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 118

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
They can be tuff to find. You are limited to ex cabs only, Reg cabs and CC seats will swap, but ex.cabs floor pans are different

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get the tip and slide seats on both sides, you need to find an ex cab. I've been looking for another one as my drivers side trim panel with the lumbar switch is missing, and I've probably looked at 3 dozen other ex cabs in the last few weeks, to no avail. Most of them have captains chairs.

Mutley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking some seats out of a Caddy or some other really nice bucket for my purposes. Nobody ever sits in the middle anyways and I have a nice aftermarket console to put there. Finding that type of seat will be a ****** but if you persevere you might find what you want. :D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
So I have been looking the last few days for a seat that I want for my 97, my dads 95 has a red 40/20/40 seat and I like it a lot better than my buckets so i've been searching for a gray one but no luck.:dunno I would have never thought they would be this hard to find, has anyone ever tried looking for them or am I just not looking hard enough here's a pic of one in a truck on craigslist

The Leather seats that you have posted are Very Rare, I have only seen them in Leather on 2 or 3 trucks. You can find them pretty easy in Cloth.

97444psd

Reaction score
The Leather seats that you have posted are Very Rare, I have only seen them in Leather on 2 or 3 trucks. You can find them pretty easy in Cloth.

The leather would be almost to nice for me, but I cant even find a cloth one.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying an entire truck to get one for mine, It came out of a crew cab and bolted right in place of the bench in my extended cab.

97444psd

Reaction score
So this weekend I drove up to Montgomery mn to pick up my zf5 for my 5 spd conversion:sly and he was parting out a 96 and it had the seats I wanted but he sold the drivers seat and I asked what he wanted for the rest of it and he said to take it;Sweet so im goin to see if my drivers seat that came with truck(armrest broke off) will bolt in place

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ex cab seats in my reg cab. It takes a little tweaking and drilling but they do fit. the floor pans arent that different. I was thinking of taking them out to put in the back of my crew cab then put the bench in my reg cab but there are some practical applications to having a rear bench LOL.

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put car seats in a truck, and newer truck seats in an older truck, neither worked very well - car seats just don't have the height for proper position in a truck. The newer truck seats have really thick back rests which make them real tough to deal with in an older truck - no way in a reg cab unless you are shorter than 5'8" maybe.
I had -01 F150 seats in my '88 F250.... I drove it that way for a few years, but it was never really "right".
I would be interested in somebody's take on the aftermarket seats, or, a good way to rebuild older seats.

I did the lumbar support re weld and paneling between the foam and springs trick on my 95 and 97 and that made a HUGE difference - not sure if there is anything like that on my '01... but my seat is shot - need new foam and new leather...

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a grey 40-20-40 seat sitting in the shed I'd sell if your interested. PM me and I'll get you my number.

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I second this... I've only seen one 95-97 truck in my life that has had these factory gray leather seats.... 2 now with this picture.... I'm in the process of retro fitting the extended cab electric 40 20 40 seats on to a regular cab frame to retain the electric option... The extended cab frame could be used, but it fits like sh$t

Stang65fst

Reaction score
Another little tip is that the front seat from reg/cc truck will bolt directly into the back seat of a cc truck. My trucks rear seat bottom was terrible so I swapped a new bottom with frame and it all bolted right in and slides as it should.

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll agree that luck and timing really help when you are looking for something. I've been keeping an eye out for a specific front bumper, a year later one showed up. Been watching for a grey 40/20/40 in very good condition for even longer. Though if I offered $10,000 I'm sure one would materialize out of thin air! So, I have a price window too.

In case the original poster is still around, I'm curious how the search for one seat is going? I believe you can swap passenger to driver side seats thought the electric switch becomes a little hard to reach. But passenger side seats are often in much better condition.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86