Noob questions help please

wmoguy

Reaction score
I'm shopping for a later model diesel suburban for the wife. I intend to run it on WMO which I will clean thru a centrifuge prior so it's crystal clear and hopefully pleases the optical sensor.
If the optical sensor isn't pleased and takes a crap on the ip pump can one put on a mechanical ip pump and if so how serious of a conversion are we talking here?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Do as i did and sell the truck. Now i ran mine on waste atf blended with diesel about 50% with no issues, but i;ve had to clean the optic sensor many many times due to wmo or ran too high concentrations of atf and i had to run it in limp mode till i diluted it down with some more fresh diesel.

To convert to mechanical? need to find a mechanical pump and injector lines, i found they were different in my DB2 K3500 to my DS4 suburban, standalone controller for the transmission to control it, there was speculation that you could add a tps to the injector pump and wire it into the stock ecm under the app 2 inputs to control the trans and retain the engine speed sensor. Need a chevy gasser throttle pedal add a throttle cable.
I myself have never done it, lots of people talked about it and were misinformed.

Its a pretty big undertaking. if you like the suburban body like i did, i was looking for a clean gasser to swap a 4bta into. but after owning my 96 2500 TD 4x4 and not being able to stand the fall apart plastic interior (my 94 F350 with far more miles doesnt have a single crack in the dash). I want to find an old one like Cal's with a 6.2 and lift it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online