No Log Truck Needed Here

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Looks like some pretty nice loads. How much did you get out of just the trailer load (cord wise?) Is that Tamarack? Looks nice and dry with no bark on it ;Sweet

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
The wood was Ponderosa Pine and Lodgepole Pine. There's at least 2 cords on the trailer. It's 16' long 7' 8" wide, and the wood is stacked about 7' tall.

In2Fords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beleive my truck is stock and someone just added a extra leaf on it?
think I might need to do something bout my exhaust? :)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

aussiedave

TOKEN AUSSIE
Reaction score
much easier with a flatbed:D

im a professional logger/rural fencing contractor

Attachments

• Pic_1211_062.jpg
    Pic_1211_062.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Pic_1210_059.jpg
    Pic_1210_059.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Pic_0813_173.jpg
    Pic_0813_173.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 18

jhenson2211

Reaction score
I think I got ya beat by a lil bit :D Have no clue what the actual weight was but it skipped the front tires off the ground a couple times. BTW, those 3 ash logs brought around $400 at the mill I delivered to.;Sweet

Attachments

• ford1.jpg
    ford1.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 5
  • ford2.jpg
    ford2.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 9
  • ford3.jpg
    ford3.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 17

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So bottom 2 logs ~ 2' dia., one ~ 10' long, the other 9'. Top log ~ 3' dia. and 8' long. That's ~ 116 cu. ft. of wood, guessing ash to run about 60#/cu. ft. if green, so I would est. the load to be about 6960 pounds. So a wee over the axle weight limit I would guess.

Black dawg

Reaction score
foresterdj, I've heard that the chinese are buying the beetle kill in your area. What are they doing with it?

jhenson2211

Reaction score
Good God Almighty! I would have made two trips with them 3 ash logs.

Ahh, come on... thats no fun!! Nah, seriously, I was thinking the same thing once I got it loaded. I used the lower boom on my bucket truck (I own a tree service) to load them and once they were on there they weren't coming off til I got to the mill :sly

So bottom 2 logs ~ 2' dia., one ~ 10' long, the other 9'. Top log ~ 3' dia. and 8' long. That's ~ 116 cu. ft. of wood, guessing ash to run about 60#/cu. ft. if green, so I would est. the load to be about 6960 pounds. So a wee over the axle weight limit I would guess.

Damn! I'm glad I didnt do that math before I took off down the road!! :idiot: Although ash isnt quite that heavy, maybe more like 50 lbs. per cu. ft. (oak is around 65-70) but thats still a hell of a load in the bed! Goes to show how tough a Ford really is:D

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tri-Con has the rail siding now here in Helena. Their outlet is to China, where they sell them low grade boards, which the dead blue stain Ponderosa can make. I understand the Chinese use the boards for concrete forms.

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Granted:
You can make beautiful blue stain T&G from it, but there is more of it here than there is market for that product,

you can cut ties or guard rail posts from it, but no demand here for that,

you could pulp it, but the only pulp mill in the state closed

the only real Pine board mill will not even pay a break even price for the dead stained Ponderosa

We have a few hundred thousand acres of dead Mountain Pine Beetle killed and blue stained pine here abouts, so we are tickled to death to have any place paying more than break even costs.