NewTruck Questiones

mike3dpro

T-rex 700E
Reaction score
One of my firends just picked up a 93 F-350 4 door Longbed 7.3 Turbo. It only has 119K, but he did pay quite a price for it. We replaced the starter batteries and glowplugs right when we got it, and it does come to life very fast now. (Hold starter no more than a second.)

Anyway, Since he has the ATS turbo, he should have a turbo pump, right? So I was wondering, is the fuel screw accessible without removing many components?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you are talking about turning up the fuel its best if you have a pyro and a boost gage installed so you can see the increase in temps and boost. Otherwise you can melt some pistons because more fuel means more heat. There is a very good write up on how to turn up the fuel. You just need to look for it in the how to location.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my firends just picked up a 93 F-350 4 door Longbed 7.3 Turbo. It only has 119K, but he did pay quite a price for it. We replaced the starter batteries and glowplugs right when we got it, and it does come to life very fast now. (Hold starter no more than a second.)

Anyway, Since he has the ATS turbo, he should have a turbo pump, right? So I was wondering, is the fuel screw accessible without removing many components?
welcome to the site;Sweet
If the turbo is not the factory stock unit, the odds are high that you don't have the "turbo" pump. Don't worry. unless you are going for flat-out drag racing with heavily mods to the turbo and motor, you won't ever notice the difference between the two. there's many who are running "stock" pumps with turbo kits installed and the only bad thing that has ever happened is the case of permagrin the first time they hit the throttle.

mike3dpro

T-rex 700E
Reaction score
It does have a pyro and boost guage already installed. The most boost I've seen (floored for quite some time) was 7 or 8 psi. Pyro was at about 800. It'll make a tiny puff of smoke for a half a second if you punch it on the freeway, and it hits passing gear. Where is the How-To section?

mike3dpro

T-rex 700E
Reaction score
OK that's what I thought. I already read most of those articles, The only one that is relevant to my question is Fuel system overhaul. It does not answer my origional question.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Yes you can get to it without removing a bunch of stuff. You may have to remove the air cleaner lid to get in there. Need a mechanics mirror to see and some 1/4 inch sockets with swivel. And last but not least a 5/32 allen wrench.

I have eliminated the waste gate and turned the fuel up to max. on my truck. This combination can peg a 15psi boost gage. To all the neighsayers I have been runnin it this way for about 3 years with no ill effects. I do however pay close attention to the pyrometer.