New truck

F250Cowboy

International Owner
Reaction score
Good day all.

Have a small request. Im about to purchase a 2004.5 to 2006 Dodge 6 speed manual shift(Cab size undecided) and was looking around trying to decide what modifications to put her on. The truck will mostly be used as a daily driver but there will be times I need to haul a 7000lb+ load. I am mostly concerned with the intake/exhaust and maybe a "light chip". I want this one to last quite some time. (Gas burners just can't cut the mustard anymore)

Any suggestions/recomendations are highly appreciated!!

Thanks

Nick

huwenfut

Reaction score
Basic Mods

I bought an 06 about a year ago Traded in my Dakota Best move I ever made More room More power I got the regular cab cuz its just me and my honey and theres room behind the seat for our incidentals First thing I did was get bigger tires as I felt the truck was geared too low Then I debadged the baby to make her look different Then an intake I went with the s&b oiled but if I had it to do over again I'd probably do the BHAF Next was exhaust I went with a complete 5" system but would probably just do a cat delete with a through muffler Next was gauges so I could see what was happening with my engine Then I got some bilstiens to help out the ride Then I got a Smarty to wake things up Just some suggestions Look on the forums and read some diesel magazines there's a lot of info and products out there so do your homework before you buy Don't know what I'll do next maybe a bumper or a turbo or two Once you start it's like a drug you never get enough

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I would go with a programmer that has mulitple settings like the Edge Juice with Attitute - a buddy has one on his 99 and it's pretty nice it brings along gauges with it on a nice little screen that you can mount just about anywhere and you can adjust the settings on the fly.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '06 Ram 3500/dually with the 6-speed and outpulled a Duramax hauling about the same weight up the hills on I-26 into Asheville back in May. He was kinda surprised that a 8,000 pound horse trailer left his tractor and him in the dust.

In my opinion, you don't really need any power adders on these new trucks, especially with the 6-speed... adding one will likely make your life very expensive. For $14k a copy, I'll keep my engine warranty... Just my $0.02. 7000 pounds is NOTHING for these trucks--try towing with one before you sup it up.

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I would go with a programmer that has mulitple settings like the Edge Juice with Attitute - a buddy has one on his 99 and it's pretty nice it brings along gauges with it on a nice little screen that you can mount just about anywhere and you can adjust the settings on the fly.

If you decide to chip your truck, this is what I would suggest as well. The Juice is not the highest powered chip available, but it's very good at doing what it was designed to do. The Attitude monitor is nice to have too.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Quadzilla Commander with the Xzillaraider II.. Don't really use the X2 much but the commander has full gauges and works really well. I agree with Mike, pull with the truck before you add anything, they pull very well stock. I would change stuff like the shocks, tires and things like that before messing with the power. I did change a few things, but only because I like to tinker, but they are great, right outta the box, especially with the 6 speed manual. Scotty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7