New Truck Update

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing the rain.... makes me think to say. Seems like every extended cab I see gets cancer real bad at the bottom below the window. I think the consensus is the windows leak, and give rise to rust. If I had an extended cab truck, and it didn't have any rust, as that one appears not to, I'm thinking I would remove, weld up the hole, or at a minimum, reseal those side windows.

payableondeath6

Impressively Ugly
Reaction score
Seeing the rain.... makes me think to say. Seems like every extended cab I see gets cancer real bad at the bottom below the window. I think the consensus is the windows leak, and give rise to rust. If I had an extended cab truck, and it didn't have any rust, as that one appears not to, I'm thinking I would remove, weld up the hole, or at a minimum, reseal those side windows.

Yeah...definitely. I was drooling looking at your cab corners cookoo let alone the rest of the truck ;Sweet

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I put about 80 miles on the truck today, with a few big grades in the canyons. I tossed some mechanic in a can into the mix this morning, but the smoke hasn't let up much. Its also leaking/burning about a quart of oil every 20 miles. I'll keep it up, but probably not much more than a week of decent driving time - If it hasn't let up at all at that point, its time for plan B. What does it usually end up costing to rebuild one of these? I'd like to do that at some point, I don't know if I really have the time right now. Hmmm....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online