New truck, need help with trans issues

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the GV unit? That's NASTY for a few hours on jackstands.....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'd say that your friction discs or clutches (I don't know what they use) are done for. I guess you know what the next step is.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! Haha. That's not even all of it. It's everywhere. That thing was not happy. The case halves wont seperate. I might try to find a c6 tail housing and proper driveline and just eliminate it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yep! Haha. That's not even all of it. It's everywhere. That thing was not happy. The case halves wont seperate. I might try to find a c6 tail housing and proper driveline and just eliminate it.
Personally, I don't think that there's much point in taking it apart since the guy you talked to said that he won't sell you any parts.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to see what it looks like. Lol. I'm not going to rebuild it, but I did end up finding parts.. :)

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That's good news. I guess that if you don't want it, someone else would be happy to buy it off of you. Especially if it was rebuilt and in good working order. Basically, I'm just trying to say that it's worth more than scrap to someone.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya GV has their products on lock down. From what I've heard they won't sell you any major pieces , only exchange or sell you a full kit. They said for $1500 and my unit they would give me a new heavy duty P style. Which is half the price of a full kit with no core.

onetonjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's more than just friction disks - there is a ton of metal shavings. Probably be cheaper to just get a complete new unit rather than try to buy all the hard parts even if you can find them.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I want to open it up and see exactly what is damaged. Either way GV doesn't care about the condition with an exchange.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
We will find out shortly! I'm leaning towards the same thing. I just don't understand what internally could cause it to do what it's doing.

With a good chunk of the friction material in the pan, there isn't much on the disk. So it's running steel against steel. This usually doesn't work to well.:eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online