New truck maybe.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Maybe buying a truck I had a few years ago back. Its a 88 f-250 super cab 4X4 7.3 mated to a C-6. I never drove it(bought and sold same week to a friend) What do I need to do to keep the C-6 purring(my other girls have all be manuals). Also what is it that people recomend to put in the intake to clean the rings?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Maybe buying a truck I had a few years ago back. Its a 88 f-250 super cab 4X4 7.3 mated to a C-6. I never drove it(bought and sold same week to a friend) What do I need to do to keep the C-6 purring(my other girls have all be manuals). Also what is it that people recomend to put in the intake to clean the rings?

NEVER pour anything down the intake of a diesel:eek:

ALso your hubs will be sent tomarrow;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Dyoung...nothing better go in the intake. The thing you're thinking of is AutoRx which you add to the oil 2 treatment and two rinse cycles with any conventional motor oil. As far as the C6, man they are pretty well unbreakable as long as you don't be an idiot like I was and run constant vacuum to it. If you ever mess with the modulator at the back of the tranny make sure it is the correct one and has the pin inserted, otherwise disaster will follow. You need to make sure the VRV on the IP is correctly adjusted and functional. Beyond the correct amount of vacuum don't run it out of ATF and add auxillary cooling if you're towing or hauling extremely heavy, otherwise it's a hop in and don't worry about it trans. Good luck,
JD

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't with it lastnight and have another project going so my brain switched off for awhile. Friday the "new" truck comes home.