New truck 1983 6.9 IDI

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had good luck with glowshift if your on a buget or isspro if you want top shelf

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Also I don’t know if it has head studs or just the bolts, is that something I should be worried about with this turbo set up?
It's easy to tell whether you have bolts or studs by looking. Bolts will have a solid head, while studs will have threads sticking up above the nut. You should be fine with your current set up. Most of those made about 8-10 PSI. The later ones like the ATS 093 and the second gen Banks Sidewinder (both of which are wastegated) will make in the 12 PSI range of boost. With that much boost, you'd definitely want to start thinking about studs.
isspro if you want top shelf
AutoMeter is another good, higher quality brand.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Just a FYI, here's a picture of the studs on my 7.3 and a ATS 085 air cleaner.

Attachments

• 102_3398.JPG
    102_3398.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 102_3299.JPG
    102_3299.JPG
    339.1 KB · Views: 10

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True i had forgot about them, summits house brand is good too
I have some of those from Summit and I am not impressed. They work fine and seem reliable, but at night I can't read the gauge. They did not put any flourescent paint on the needles, so when the backlight of the gauge is lit, you can't see the needle at night, only the shadow of the needle and that takes some time to figure out, time you don't have while driving down the road. I bought them about 6 years ago, maybe they are improved by now.

They are fine and readable during the day.

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some of those from Summit and I am not impressed. They work fine and seem reliable, but at night I can't read the gauge. They did not put any flourescent paint on the needles, so when the backlight of the gauge is lit, you can't see the needle at night, only the shadow of the needle and that takes some time to figure out, time you don't have while driving down the road. I bought them about 6 years ago, maybe they are improved by now.

They are fine and readable during the day.
Hmm maybe they hve gotten worse since i had them. Its been a while

Roehre008

Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO So I am up here working on the truck. Power steering pump got broke from a buddy trying to pry on it and come to find out the pulley itself is bent to all heck as well. I can’t find anything on finding a new pulley anywhere. Anything I can look up to find a cross reference or is there one they manufacture that fits?

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO So I am up here working on the truck. Power steering pump got broke from a buddy trying to pry on it and come to find out the pulley itself is bent to all heck as well. I can’t find anything on finding a new pulley anywhere. Anything I can look up to find a cross reference or is there one they manufacture that fits?
they dont make new pullys you must find a used one whether you buy it from someone or the junk yard
i spent wayyyyy to long trying to find a new one

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01