New to site and the turbo World.

berniesouthunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there guys, Let me start by saying Thanks to all, This site is a heck of alott better than any manuel can even come close too. Anyway last week I bought a 94 f-250 (pre PSD), It has plenty of power and looks great. I hear air (like sucking air) from what sounds like the passenger side of the motor. This doesn't have the ole soup bowl, so I changed the air filter and all oils, just somthing I do when I buy a used vehicle. I don't really hear the turbo spooling up either, The turbo still has all the heat shields around it. When I was changing the filter I looked ito the turbo and its free flowing and does not hit the sides anywere. Well heres my question? The foam pad under the aircleaner ( can I remove that? ), and should I hear the turbo spool at all. Its a 7.3 with a stock turbo. THX Bernie

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know about that foam thing. have you checked your scas in your antifreeze?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
The Foam is a pre-filter, the whistle will be a lot more pronounced if you ditch the muffler, and get a decent down pipe, the stock one is crushed. as for the air sucking sounds, do all you're HVAC controls work? I'm thinking either you're air box isn't properly sealing to the turbo, or more likely one of your vacuum lines is bad.

On Edit: Welcome to oilburners, congratulations on your new truck, and where's the pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online