New to me 96 powerstroke

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Got it fixed.it was one pinched wore.got it all together ran great which like I said it's still knocking so who knows but anyway it just seemed alittle sluggish on stock and I drive a na 6.9 lol so I turned the chip on to like 140 just to see what she would do an damn it layed me back.she was actually blowin black smoke now instead of brownish and she was pretty mean.then it felt like it started muddin agian but not bad just alittle one like maybe one cylinder missin. I have no idea what would cause it.it only seems like it's at idle and when you change the chip it drops down like before.on stock you would think it would be fine if it was the chip causeing it wouldn't you?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Drivers side head towards the front by the fuel bowl. 3 wire plug.
With it running when you unplug it, there should be a noticeable change in idle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Correct.
Other than that, maybe ohm the injectors.
Believe it or not, these obs actually run pretty rough.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Idk lol my buddy has 4 which his dad is who I bought this from and there smooth at idle.smoother atleast.now my superduty that damn thing rattles your teeth but pulls like a train even on 6 cylinders and it revs up faster that's what confuses me lol.and it's the only powerstoke I've seen bone stock that pegs at 4500 rpms and won't blow lol. All the other ones stop on the yellow but my flatbed goes to the red and keeps goin

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Probably the chip.
The trucks with split shot injectors run way smother.
I've had people ask me if my truck is cammed. Lol
From here double check wires, then you need to get a way to run a Cylinder Contribution Test.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
It's Runnin fine lol.started it up today to pull it back into the bay at the shop to do an oil change cause I wanna know if it's full of shavings and it was perfect so I didn't turn the chip on lol

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's Runnin fine lol.started it up today to pull it back into the bay at the shop to do an oil change cause I wanna know if it's full of shavings and it was perfect so I didn't turn the chip on lol

Are you saying it only acts up when the chip is turned "on" ? If so it could be a bad connection at the ECU.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I think lol.ive had it on stock and it's been idling fine so I haven't changed it but when I had been running it had with the chip on it kinda act like it missed.so im gonna pull it out and see later.cant drive it really cause no tags or insurance and there's a damn state trooper pullin people over left and right so Im not takin a chance

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Oh come on take a chance ;Poke nothing more fun than driving through a small town at night with no tail lights and trying to avoid the Law :eek:

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok so pulled the chip out reinstalled it started it ran great didnt miss a lick smoked a bunch on the 140 and the others also.drove up to my buddys and back to the shop which isn't to far and of course I was giving it hell lol. Get back to the shop change it to stock cause it was idling rough Agian and it droped way down in rpms and back up agian.so idk were to go from here.take it out all together and maybe have it re burned idk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online