"NEW" stanadyne pump (not rebuilt)

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YIKES!

One more reason to just get mel to set you up instead;Sweet

Not sure if this came up here on OBN or if it was on FTE but the topic came up that it would be better to not bother with rebuilt injectors or injector pumps and just get brand new ones if possible. To date I have never actually seen a "new" DB2 injector pump for sale in a retail situation like this. Injectors sure, but not a pump. Just curious if anyone else saw something like this.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Schucks/O'reilly's lists two different reman pumps, one for $700 and one for $500. If that one is new, the price is pretty good comparatively. I think I'll still end up sending my pump to mel when it wears out though.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Id love to rolling around with a brand new IP seeing as how quite a few shops do a half @ss job rebuilding them anyway. That or one rebuilt by mel would be the only one Id have 100 percent faith in.

Considering some of the "rebuilt" pumps listed on ebay sell for a few hundred less it does not seem to bad. I seem to remember new pumps being listed for whole lot more to but I can't remember where it was at.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW if I'm reading the article correctly, it's for an IH application, not a Ford...so you'll have the lower governor, etc with that pump.

I have to agree with Jeremy...I can't justify replacing my pump until it dies altogether, but it's been buggy since Day 1...and this was a DIS rebuild, and AFAIK they always had a good reputation, at least before they got bought out. But, when that time comes, I plan to go to Mel ;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my thinking on this is that is probably a genuinely new pump....BUT new old stock. I'd be worried pnce it sees ULSD or biodiesel/bio blends this thing designed for the 5000ppm diesel might leak like a seive or it might be fine as long as it truly hasn't been used. I don't know enough to be educated about how seals and stuff like that behave after sitting on a shelf for 15 or more years.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You guys are spoiled. Try getting a bosch pump rebuilt :eek: Moose pumps start looking downright thrifty. A basic VE pump usually starts around $750 and goes up from there depending on what parts it needs, figure 1500 time it's said and done., a scroll pump can make you want to check your hospitalization coverage before looking at the bill. Nice part is they usually go about 2-350k miles or more before needing it.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I think this is exactly what I have on my truck right now. Looks the same, same tag and paint job. Mine is a Stanadyne remanufacture, about as 'new' as they make I think. I paid $400.

edit: OK, mine has a red tag, otherwise identical:
You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe the blue is for Navistar spec, red for Ford spec?

Last edited:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I think this is exactly what I have on my truck right now. Looks the same, same tag and paint job. Mine is a Stanadyne remanufacture, about as 'new' as they make I think. I paid $400.

edit: OK, mine has a red tag, otherwise identical:

Maybe the blue is for Navistar spec, red for Ford spec?

My tag is blackcookoo

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are spoiled. Try getting a bosch pump rebuilt :eek: Moose pumps start looking downright thrifty. A basic VE pump usually starts around $750 and goes up from there depending on what parts it needs, figure 1500 time it's said and done., a scroll pump can make you want to check your hospitalization coverage before looking at the bill. Nice part is they usually go about 2-350k miles or more before needing it.

Been there, done that. Had the pump for the diesel ranger rebuilt because of the classic throttle shaft leak on top. Don't remember the exact price but it did come to something like $700 for what was basically a re seal job (and a new throttle shaft). Lucky me, the pump wasn't for a cummins or it probably would have been twice the price!:rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OUch. $750 is more than most Moose Pumps. That one is calibrated for high elevation too.