New Stainless brake lines

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I would post some pictures of my stainless brake line kit from Inline Tube. I had replaced some lines maybe five years ago and some had already rotted. After two failures over the summer I decided to get a full front-to-back stainless kit. This kit was $195. I didn't bother taking pictures of the lines installed, they are just brake lines after all. With this I also replace all flex lines, caliper rebuilds, new wheel cylinders, plus brake parts.

Here is full kit.
You must be registered for see images attach

Close up of the bends.

The only 'problem' I had is that the bends didn't necessarily match the originals "within 0.005" as advertised. This was never a problem though, everything fit fine even if minor tweaking was required. This pic shows that the bend (coil) is way different from the original. Still worked fine though.

I had one problem; the NAPA wheel cylinder (one of them) was designed by an idiot. There is nowhere enough clearance to get a wrench or socket on the bleeder. I had no choice but to use a small pair of vice grips to get the brand new bleeder out :mad:

I put it on my drill press and used an end mill to open it up a little. Funny, the other side was fine as is. ***? cookoo

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguing with myself right now about brake lines. What's your take? Are the pre-bent stainless lines worth the money?

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely. I redid most of mine about five years ago using a coil of line from NAPA - that stuff is ****. You also have to be able to do the double flares... fix the resulting leaks... not worth it IMO. The steel line kit I think was 175, twenty bucks was a no-brainer to get stainless.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I would post some pictures of my stainless brake line kit from Inline Tube. I had replaced some lines maybe five years ago and some had already rotted. After two failures over the summer I decided to get a full front-to-back stainless kit. This kit was $195. I didn't bother taking pictures of the lines installed, they are just brake lines after all. With this I also replace all flex lines, caliper rebuilds, new wheel cylinders, plus brake parts.

Here is full kit.
attachment.php

Close up of the bends.
attachment.php

The only 'problem' I had is that the bends didn't necessarily match the originals "within 0.005" as advertised. This was never a problem though, everything fit fine even if minor tweaking was required. This pic shows that the bend (coil) is way different from the original. Still worked fine though.
attachment.php

I had one problem; the NAPA wheel cylinder (one of them) was designed by an idiot. There is nowhere enough clearance to get a wrench or socket on the bleeder. I had no choice but to use a small pair of vice grips to get the brand new bleeder out :mad:
attachment.php

I put it on my drill press and used an end mill to open it up a little. Funny, the other side was fine as is. ***? cookoo
attachment.php

All this and NO LINK? ***????

Tell us where U got them...and was that 195 Canadian $$ or US $$

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing to my 74 F250 highboy 3 or 4 years ago. Haven't had a single problem since, and I agree stainless was well worth it! Replacing and splicing rusted brake lines suk! I'll also agree some of the bends were not perfect but minor corrections were just that "minor".

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mmmm that looks really nice. I especialy really like tha *** has stainless FITTINGS too. if my copper nickle ever gives out i will be using this.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naw...not tough room...just top shelf forum...ergo expect top shelf information.... ;)

Well on my 'Truck ****' post I detailed the paint used including the paint code 'KG' so now you can paint your truck blue. :sly

Just imagine if every member here painted their trucks blue!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
warning.
if you are deciding to buy stainless lines.
BUY THE KIT!!!
if you have never tried to do a double flare with SS it is a straight up *****.
if you insist on doing it yourself, buy the best double flaring tool you can. mine cost 80 bucks.
even with AN fittings, its a PITA

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd never try to do my own in stainless. I was kicking around doing my own in the copper nickle stuff but at that price, it may not be worth it. Now if I could get it for the extended cab and not have to add a piece....

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
Stainless

Sent all my lines as they didn't have them,done by Right Stuff and all fit like a glove.The 90 behind the axle is a ***** to connect but all fit nice and I replaced my front calipers,soft lines and went back all stainless.If your going to keep these trucks spend the money as well worth it and wasn't bad to start with!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Well on my 'Truck ****' post I detailed the paint used including the paint code 'KG' so now you can paint your truck blue. :sly

Just imagine if every member here painted their trucks blue!

Ron will be happy, a new blue paint code to paint trucks blue with.........

Since he ONLY paints trucks blue............

;Poke;Poke;Poke;Poke

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
;Sweet Those look nice I'm going to put that on my to-do list. Even with a quality flare tool I don't like making my own. What a pain.

Ya last time I bought Napa wheel cylinders I told that guy behind the counter that it was nice to see even their premium line is now made in china.. He replied 'Yep, we only offer the best quality you won't that anywhere else in town' :rolleyes: LOL