New shoes!

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
George,
By trucks in your latest post do you mean commercial or even passenger vehicles?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George,
By trucks in your latest post do you mean commercial or even passenger vehicles?
without a doubt commercial is a no-no. only exception to the rule as far as I am aware of is the super single steer tires.
for non-commercial use, iirc the "treadwright" brand tire is ok'd to be run on the steer axle due to the curing process......BUT.....god help you if anything ever goes wrong and a bad wreck is attributed to you running the tire on the steer axle.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha confused yall didn't I. Yeah I meant comercial by trucks and I was saying it seems like a crap shoot if the tires will last along time seems like some guys are getting good millage out of them and some aren't

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I think they make the new treads they put on out of a softer rubber compound...honestly, I don't believe they want retreads to last as long as a new tire, just because of the fact the casing is not new and I suppose you could start to run into some issues there...:dunno

I'll have to look around, but honestly, right now it looks like my choices are drop $600 on a set of NEW tires, or get some Treadwrights (that will last me another 2 years) for $400. I dunno.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
George

I asked because mine seemed to wear very quickly. I am good at rotating them while I change the oil every 3K.

For now I am only running my retreads in the winter since they are wider, more aggressive and will float deep snow better than the 265's I have on there.....

I think I will buy another set of retreads when I need to but for now I have two sets of tires for this rig so it won't be for awhile.

Thad

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
make sure you arent buying the green diamond or kedge grip tires. They will wear out MUCH faster.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno, was gonna say Bridgestone Dueler but that's not quite what they look like...I'm not sure.

NMB, why would they wear out faster?

sootman73

Reaction score
like i posted mine only lasted about 10,000 miles and i was just running them on the road. no burnouts or anything and they didn't spin much in the rain. i think it hurt me more to get the ultra grip though. should of probably got a set of each for winter/summer. i wont be buying them again. a couple hundred more bucks and i could have got nearly new tires off craigslist or something.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I just got a set of retreads for the dually.... we'll see how well these ones do. they are goodyear wrangler RT/S tread, on RT/S and AT/S cases. 235/85-16.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Dunno, was gonna say Bridgestone Dueler but that's not quite what they look like...I'm not sure.

NMB2, why would they wear out faster?

the kedge grip has crushed glass and walnut in the tread. The walnut is designed to just fall out and create "siping" basically. Just causes the tread to wear down quicker due to that, but it makes a huge traction difference in snow, ice and offroad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online